Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Talkative Thursday #1 - Faith



I'm doing a new link up this week with Sandra at SANses.  She's a wonderful mom blogger from Singapore that I met through the M.O.B. Society recently.  Isn't it weird how blogging brings moms together from all over the world and how we can find so many things in common with these fellow bloggers?  I told Sandra that I couldn't believe she was in Singapore because she seems so "American."  Ha!  She is raising a couple of sweet, handsome princes and blogs about her life in a beautiful place.  Go check her out!

I am not exactly sure what I am supposed to "talk" about for this post, but Sandra posted on her faith and family today, and I am feeling that subject a lot today with all the present events.  My family and I ate at Chick-fil-a tonight.  We love that place.  If you don't know about this establishment, you can check them out here.  Actually, Chick-fil-a was my first job when I graduated from high school.  It was such a fun environment to work in during the summer before I started college, and I made so many wonderful friends.  It is no secret that Dan Cathy, the owner and founder of the beloved southern fast food chain, is a devout Christian.  His establishments boasts strong support for the traditional family and have always been closed on Sunday to allow their employees to attend church services if they choose.  They don't push any employees to believe a certain way and definitely welcome anyone through their doors.  They had the most healthy menu options of any fast food restaurant before any other fast food chains even started trying to add "healthier" options.  Recently, I have a new appreciation for the restaurant since they added grilled chicken nugget kids meals to their menus because my youngest little man loves them.  In an interview recently, Mr. Cathy proclaimed he does operate on "biblical principles" and that "We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit.  We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."  I don't see anything in that statement that says Mr. Cathy is "anti-gay" or hates anyone for their lifestyle choices, but he has been crucified by several prominent political leaders and others in the media for this statement.  Since when is it wrong in our "free" country for any citizen to represent their personal beliefs?  Is it only bad when that someone holds views that are different than your own?  So what if he chooses to give his money to certain institutions that do not support gay marriage...it is his money!  I am just saddened by all the hateful and hurtful statements I have been reading lately by my so-called "friends" chastising Christianity for its age-old beliefs that support a nourishing and loving family system as defined by the Bible and Jesus himself.  But Jesus himself "predicted" that these events would happen and that Christians would be hated by the world for their beliefs!  While I hope that I haven't offended anyone by these words, I am not ashamed of my beliefs and only ask that you respect them as I will respect you and yours (so long as they don't involve or cause real harm to anyone). 

Here is the message that I want this post and blog to show to others:  

"Hi, sinners!  Guess what, I'm one too!  But I am also a Christian.  What, you say?  You thought Christians weren't "sinners" because of what you've heard and read elsewhere.  Ha!  Read the Bible.  All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.  And guess what, God loves us anyway!  So much that His son (or Him in human form) died for us!  When I read hostile posts and blogs from people saying that it's the Christians who are being intolerant and hateful, I just want to shout that if that's the message they are getting from so-called Christians they know, then they are not being "real" Christians.  There are just too many hurting words going back and forth and no one listening.  My message to you is "No, I may not agree with your lifestyle choices (whether that be adultery, homosexuality, or any other kind of sin as defined by God's word), but that is your personal choice (as long as that choice does not physically or emotionally harm another and then it is our government's responsibility to stop or punish that harmful act to society).  Yes, I believe that the Bible and God say that it is a sin.  But I do not hate you or want you to suffer for that sin just as I don't want any one of us to suffer for our sins.  Jesus didn't want that either; that's why he died for us!  I truly do love you!" 

Happy Thursday, ya'll!  


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! It's pretty amazing to me to find a fast food outlet - that's actually selling healthy food! Here in Singapore, that's a RARE deal. Almost non-existent, really. :(

    I agree so much is going on in the world, and as believers, we just gotta keep on going strong and keep on believing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it isn't perfect but no restaurant is these days. The food industry has really got to change! :-( Thanks for your encouraging words!

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails