Thursday, August 23, 2012

Evan's New Classroom

This afternoon we took Evan to his new school's open house so we could meet his teacher and see his classroom.  I am excited for him, but I am also pretty anxious about how the year will go.  He is MY BABY!  I don't want anyone or anything to hurt MY BABY!  :-(  Okay, maybe I am being a crazy mama.  His classroom looked very cute and fun, and I am sure he will have a great year.  Unfortunately, he was not in a class with any of his former preschool friends like I was hoping.  I just hope he'll make lots of great new friends.  After we checked out his school, we all went to dinner at Chick-fil-a.  Yes, we do go there often because both kids eat well there.  Brody can gobble up at least six grilled chicken nuggets and all his fruit and some of Evan's!  Since the kids were already dirty from the day and were going straight home to take a bath, we let them play a little in the outside play place.  Ugh, I cringe at how dirty and germy these places are, but the kids love them!  Eddie and I have actually planned a little business (if the law thing doesn't pan out...ha!) where we are going to run a power wash service to clean and sanitize these play areas.  Seriously, they need a good and thorough cleaning at least once a month, and I don't think I have seen one that does it.  I think it could be a great business opportunity!  ;-)

Photobucket
Evan and a new "friend" in his class already bond over blocks.

Photobucket
Just like last year, I am sure blocks will be one of his favorite activities!

Photobucket
Evan is a Bright Owl!

Photobucket
Mommy fills out an information sheet about Evan for his teacher.

Photobucket
I just love this shot because it shows how OCD my son is.  Yes, he is truly my son as he has to create a "perfect" color pattern of blocks!  

Photobucket
Brody really liked Evan's classroom too.  Look at those tippy toes!

Photobucket
Brody's new trick.  He loves getting hold of a phone and acting like he's talking on it.  Here, he is putting the phone to Daddy's ear so he can talk.  When he puts a "phone" to his ear, he starts jibber jabbering, but we have heard a distinctive "Ay!" that sounds like an Australian or British hello.  Oh and he also used a ketchup pack as a telephone too.  ;-)

Photobucket
Playing on the little slide.  This is one of the few play places I've seen with a legitimate toddler sized slide.

Photobucket
Evan actually used to love it too and took his first steps here!  

Photobucket
He figured out how to go down the slide by himself...on his belly!

Photobucket
There he goes!

Photobucket
Silly boy, you can't go down that way. 

Photobucket
He would climb up the slide and go down the stairs...backwards kid!

Photobucket
Up he goes!

Photobucket
He loved watching all these big kids.

Photobucket
He loved following this little girl around, but he hasn't quite learned the "wait your turn" thing and would just cut in front to go down the slide. She was very gracious. 

Photobucket
And after we got home and had baths, both boys had to have a horsey ride!

Photobucket
"Giddy up, Dada!" 

Photobucket
And they brought Daddy down!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Evan is going to have so much fun! I don't think you have to worry about him making friends...he seems very much the social butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Kristen! Actually, he's pretty shy (like me) until he gets to know you, and he's really sensitive so I worry all the time about his emotional well-being. He is so caring for others and always shares, but he gets his feelings hurt if others don't do the same for him. :-(

      Delete
  2. I have the same fears with Spencer about other kids being mean. He is actually pretty outgoing but because of that I worry that he will be friendly to someone and they will shut him down.

    How cute is Brody playing on the playground? And I just love the outfit! I think you mentioned once that it was an Evan hand me down. I actually bought it new for Elliott at the beginning of July. How crazy it that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brody had a blast playing in that play area, but the truly disgusting part came when I wiped his hands and feet down with a Purell wipe before we left (luckily the restaurant has those handy). Wow, his little feet were black! :-( I figured just the thought that I let my kids play there would freak you out! Haha!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I know you are anxious about Kindergarten... I am about 2nd grade & 10th!!! YIKES! Where does the time go!! Oh, and the germ pit..I am with you there! I cringe when Kea asks and usually the answer us NO...I know mean Mom. Bless him he get a good coating with anti-bac when he is done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he got wiped down good with a Purell wipe before we left...luckily the restaurant keeps those handy! Yes, it makes me cringe to let them play on those nasty play areas, but what can a mom do? I want them to have fun! So I just clean them good before putting them in the car, and we went right home to jump in the tub! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Finally catching up on blog reading :) Sam is starting preschool two afternoons a week next week and I am so nervous about it. I know it will be good for him (and for me!) but I have some of the same feelings you mentioned with Brody starting kindergarden. I pray it goes so well for both our boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I missed you on here, Natasha! Yes, I pray Brody learns to stop biting and learns to talk more, that Sam enjoys his learning experience at preschool, and that Evan enjoys his new school. We are the most worried about Evan's experience in public school because his teacher will have no assistant and will be teaching 21 five year old's by herself. :-)

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails