Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sometimes and Always #8


It's Tuesday again.  *Sigh*  Why is my life passing me by?  I'm linking up again with Megan over at Mackey Madness to share my sometimes and always because it really does make Tuesdays better.  Hope you all are having a great Tuesday!

Sometimes - I feel like I am in a rut at work and wonder if it is all worth it.  I have so many things I have to do to finish up my last year of law school, and work is just not helping give me the time to get it all done.  *Sigh*

Always - I would rather be at home playing with my sweet babies than doing any of this other junk that is just wasting my time.  I mean, I know what is really important in life and this is it...

Photobucket

Sometimes - I really enjoy getting to see old friends I haven't seen in a long time.

Always - It makes me sad to see how much time has passed since the last time we were together.


Sometimes - I really love watching Team USA win the gold in the Olympics.

Always - I am actually okay when one of our athletes doesn't win because she has a bad attitude because she obviously messed up and didn't deserve it!

Seriously, Makayla, you needed a reality check.  I am truly sorry you fell on your butt doing your very difficult vault, but you really acted like a sore loser!  Cheer up!  You're young and have a long life ahead of you.  As my mama always said, "You'll get glad in the same drawers you got mad in."  Hehe!


This girl, Gabby Douglas, was a real winner.  Even though she didn't win a medal last night for her uneven bars routine, she had that winning spirit we all know and love!  So proud of her!



Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I will have to remember that..."You will get glad in the same drawers you got mad in!" I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It doesn't make a lot of sense when you think about it too much, but I guess it gets the message across. My mom had some silly sayings! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I couldn't have written the whole job business any better myself. I feel like we are living a parallel life in that respect. I hope things get better for you...and soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that "we get glad in the same drawers we get mad in." I have to remember that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, my mom is an unusual character sometimes. I am pretty sure most people outside the south do not call their underwear "drawers." I have actually heard some call an actual bureau drawer a "draw." As in "Go put that in the draw!" Haha!

      Delete
  4. I'm with you on the bad attitudes in gymnastics! Those poor Russian girls forever look like they're on the verge of tears. CUTE picture of the boys going down the slide, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I noticed that too. Sweet Gabby and Ally always hug them...but not Makayla and if she is forced, her looks could kill! ;-)

      Delete
  5. I haven't watched nearly as much of the Olympics as I would have liked. It's always on in the evenings, but that's when I'm making dinner, doing dishes, prepping for tomorrow, etc. I missed all that gymnastics controversy, but my friend, who is really into gymnastics, was all over the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Natalie, don't you know you are supposed to stay up until midnight catching up on the Olympics and be exhausted the next day? It is the "American" way. Haha! But really, I haven't watched much either but I always love gymnastics. How do those girls do that?

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, that saying from your mom is hilarious. I always say "They can get over it just like they got under it" hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, I like yours better, Candi...I may have to steal it! ;-)

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails