Monday, August 27, 2012

A Deserving Post about a Dedicated Wife and Mother

I have been meaning to take a few minutes out of my Daddy Daycare mode and write a little about how wonderful my wife, Sherry, is.  She is a dedicated wife and devoted mother to me and our two beautiful children.  She has been having a rough time at work, where it seems that her hard work is overlooked and goes unrewarded.  Recently, she is not only doing her work but also the work of another employee who is out on maternity leave and another who is out after having surgery.  You would think that once her stack of "To Do's" get 12 to 16 inches high, you would pass the work on to the other people who are lazy and as I call it "just making look busy."  Not in this case.  Sherry is such a hard worker and hates to leave anything uncompleted during the day so she works herself to death to get it done.  All the while, two attorneys continue to bring more work and pile it up on her desk.  Does she complain?  NO!  She does her job to the highest standard and keeps her head up.  After work, my beautiful wife packs up and heads to law school.  That's right, you heard me right.  LAW SCHOOL!  She goes to school at night and is now in her last year of school.  She made the Dean's List this past Spring semester, but you will never hear her tell anyone.  She also completed her second year of law school while pregnant and working a full time job!  I feel that I have to make sure that everyone knows exactly how special she is and how much she is loved.  After class finishes up around 9 to 9:30 p.m., Sherry heads home to love on her two babies and to me.  The kids, if they are awake, come running to the door screaming, "Mommy's home!"  After giving hugs and kisses, her OCD kicks in and she proceeds to pick up everything that the kids have played with that I have missed.  Sherry's time is very precious to her, and we value every moment that we have together.  This Friday, we are excited to head to the beach for 5 days.  The break will be a blessing for Sherry who deserves more than I can ever give her.  I just hope that this post will let her know just how much I love her and how much I appreciate the sacrifices she is making to help improve our family's life.  I ask that you pray for Sherry as she works to complete this final year of law school and prepares to take the North Carolina Bar Exam in July of 2013.  I know that she will do well and God is guiding her on this path.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Awww, my husband is really too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sweet post! Sherry, I admire your perseverance. Truly. I will definitely keep you in my prayers! :)

    Lauren
    auntlala25.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! It is much appreciated! :-)

      Delete
  3. This is such a sweet post. I will be praying for you Sherry and for your whole family. Enjoy your time at the beach soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natasha! The prayers are definitely appreciated. My husband surprised me with this post the other night when I got home from school. He even figured out how to make himself a signature. I asked him if he was trying to be a chippendale dancer with the black bowtie. Haha!

      Delete
  4. Hi Eddie! Nice to hear from you. I'm your wife's Arizona twin! Ha! This was such a nice post to read. Sherry is a lucky lady to have you. Her day sounds exhausting, but I'm sure she can handle it knowing you have her back.

    P.S. Chippendale dancer, Sherry? Ha Ha Ha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Natalie, you should know he knows all about you! Haha! Yep, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the black bowtie. Hehe!

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails