Saturday, August 25, 2012

P is for the Park and ParaNorman

What a fun day we had!  The weather has just been gorgeous...not too hot with a nice breeze.  This morning, the boys and I played outside after breakfast while Daddy cut the grass.  Brody even learned to drive Evan's old 4-wheeler by himself.  Until now, his little fingers had trouble holding the button down to make it go.  When he got on it out in the yard, he was in his pajamas with no shoes on.  He had just gotten on it, and I went back to the porch to get something.  When I got back to the yard, Brody was no where to be seen.  Evan was on the swings, and I asked him where his brother was.  The shed door was open from Daddy getting out the lawnmower, and Evan said Brody was in there.  I checked, but he wasn't.  The 4-wheeler was gone too.  Finally, I spotted him way across the yard behind a big tree and all the way against the fence.  He had climbed off because he couldn't go any farther.  It was so funny!  When Daddy finished cutting grass, Brody showed him what he could do.  After we all got dressed and cleaned up, we went to eat lunch and then thought we would try to see "ParaNorman" at the theater during Brody's nap time.  We hoped he would at least sleep through the movie.  The movie didn't start until 2:30 so after lunch we went to the park to tire Brody out some more so he would be really tired.  I had conveniently dressed him in the same outfit Evan wore at the same age when we visited this park, and I had conveniently remembered to bring the camera.  Although this wasn't Brody's first visit to this park, it was his first visit since he has been able to walk and get around on his own.  He had a fabulous time!  When we arrived at the theater, Brody had just fallen asleep in the car, but unfortunately, he woke up on the way in.  We had arrived early enough to get in and find seats so that hopefully he would fall back to sleep before the movie began.  Although he took his time going back to sleep, he was still pretty good, and the movie was very funny as expected.

Warning:  Picture cuteness overload!

Photobucket
Showing Daddy what he can do!

Photobucket
And away he goes. 

Photobucket
Looking behind him. 

Photobucket
He still likes to get off and push it around. 
Photobucket
Headed into the park. 

Photobucket
He was so excited!
Comparison #1:  The Slide
Photobucket
Evan going down the slide on his tummy.

Photobucket
Brody going down the slide on his tummy.

Comparison #2:  The Purple Dinosaur

Photobucket
This purple dinosaur was a favorite of Evan's.

Photobucket
And Brody approved too!
Comparison #3:  Same Outfit

Photobucket

Photobucket
I loved these little OshKosh overalls when they were Evan's.  I just think a cute pair of overalls are a necessity for all little boys!  
Photobucket
The overalls are still a hit with Brody. 

Photobucket
Riding the dinosaur with Mommy. 

Photobucket
We do have fun together. 
We just enjoyed capturing a bunch of pictures of Brody on this special occasion:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Walking with Mommy

Photobucket


Photobucket
Loving to drive.
Photobucket
Oh what a beautiful face!  This is what we get when Daddy actually uses the camera.  Yes, I do try to get him to use it more!  ;-) 

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Lookin' like a smurf inside the blue tunnel.

Photobucket
This is a Sherry face right here!

Photobucket
My beautiful baby boy.

Photobucket
Climbing up the tunnel with Mommy. 

Photobucket
Racing brother on the slide. 

Photobucket
And down we go!

Photobucket
Hey, silly brother!  We love you!

Photobucket
Evan waited a long time to get to ride this dinosaur with his little brother. 

Photobucket
Brody says, "Giddy up, t-rex!"

Photobucket
Two sweet boys

Photobucket
In the lion's mouth. 

Photobucket
Seriously, does it get any better? 

Photobucket
Brothers stick together!

Photobucket
Evan tries the monkey bars. 
Photobucket
Another little monkey on the monkey bars. 

Photobucket
So happy!

Photobucket
Stopping for a rest. 

Photobucket
Time to go!

Photobucket
Evan was excited to see this movie and really loved this big display. 

Photobucket
The zombie hand tried to get him. 

Photobucket
Brody is ready to "see" his first movie!

Photobucket
My boys

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. You are like my long lost photo comparison sister. I love all of them! I love the same outfit, I love the action shots on the same toys. I love, love, love this post. I also love overalls. I can't wait to get Elliott into some more. Spencer rejected them once he was about two and a half and I've missed putting overalls on a little boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, overalls lose their functionality once you want the kids to be able to pull their pants down by themselves and go potty. I think OshKosh makes the cutest ones, and these are pretty classic. We have an outlet mall around here that has an OshKosh outlet store that is pretty cool. Hope you can find some cute ones for Elliott!

      Delete
  2. I love the overalls! They are sooo cute. I was thinking I needed to get Sam wearing overalls again but then you mentioned the potty thing. Although Sam isn't there yet, I have hope that it will be coming soon so I guess the overalls aren't so practical right now. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overalls are definitely a necessity for little boys, and I wish they didn't "grow" out of them so fast. Potty training is always tricky with boys so I figure you have to make it as easy as possible. Some even recommend letting them run around the house naked while training to make it easier for them to get to the potty in time. ;-)

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails