Friday, August 10, 2012

Old Friends

You know those old friends who you haven't seen in years but never forget because they meant so much to you?  We got a visit from some this past weekend.  When I was in high school, my dad the minister moved churches a couple of times, and our family had to move with him.  Luckily, only one of these moves involved me changing schools.  My dad became the pastor at a little church in Selma, NC (antique capital of the world, folks) when I was in the 12th grade.

When I met this girl, she was only 14 years old.  She's four years younger than me.  

Photobucket
This was her high school graduation about 4 years later.  One of the few pictures I had already scanned in of us.  
She's sweet and quiet but don't let that fool you.  She'll make you laugh if given the chance.

Photobucket
I became a kind of leader for the youth at this small church and invited some of the girls over for a sleepover.  The first girl, Rebecca, is teaching school and married; the little girl, Anna, is about to graduate from college and was one of my brightest Sunday School children; and Amanda is grown up and married.  I feel so old!  And that's my adorable little Jingles who you can see on my sidebar.  

I met her older sister, April, a few weeks later when this little guy was born...
Photobucket
Yep, I met this guy, Joshua, on the day he was born.  He's pretty special and will always have a place in my heart.

Photobucket
And what a character!

Photobucket
April, Amanda, and I worked together on many church projects through the years while I was in college.  This was a vacation bible school we organized.  Yes, that's Joshua again.  We also taught children's Sunday School and Children's Church and put on a great Christmas program.  

Photobucket
Now the little guy looks like this and is entering high school.  What?  That's insane.  He's almost the same age Amanda was when we met!

Photobucket
Amanda and her husband and Joshua were in Concord for the weekend at a local Great Wolf Lodge and stopped by for a visit.  Amanda is also an awesome Aunt and took her favorite nephew to this great place.  
Photobucket
Evan hadn't seen her since he was a tiny baby, but he knew she gave him his favorite teddy bear.  So glad we got to see them and hope it's not so long next time!  P.S. - Don't you love Joshua's shirt?  Told ya he was awesome!

Photobucket
This was the first time Amanda and Evan met.  It was his first Easter, and he was only a few weeks old. 

Amanda and I were in each other's weddings and saw each other through some big events and tough times.  We worked at the same first job together at Chick-fil-a.  She met her husband, Joey, there.  It's so great catching up with old friends!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Old friends are the best! (New blog friends are pretty great too.)

    Isn't it so awesome that you get to watch each other's kids grow up now? I love that about all my friends as we all have babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally think new blog friends are awesome! ;-) We are waiting anxiously for Amanda to have some kiddies now. Her sister now has 4...in like 2 years! Hehe! She married a man with 2 boys (they lost their mother so April and her husband have full responsibility), and they had one girl together. Joshua has had some real adjustments to make going from an only child to the oldest of 4 in the last couple of years. They are truly an inspiring couple!

      Delete
  2. Awwww! What a wonderful journey it has been! You are such a blessing to us and we will not wait as long next time. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails