Saturday, August 25, 2012

Brody's New Kicks

We decided to go shoe shopping this weekend since both boys could use a pair.  Rack Room Shoes seems to be the place to go to get cool back to school shoes because of their BOGO sales and great selection of name brand shoes.  I will have to do a post about Evan's new shoes later, but I just loved Brody's.  They were having a buy one get one half off sale so when I saw these little Sperry Top Siders, I just had to get them.  For Evan's first pair of walking shoes, I got lucky at a local kids consignment shop and happened upon a brand new pair of white Gap kids sneakers with velcro straps for $5.  They were definitely worth every penny.  They were so cute, and I still have them and hoped Brody would wear them too.  Unfortunately, Brody's feet seem to be fatter than Evan's, and it has been too difficult to stuff Brody's feet into many of our shoes.  This summer he has gone barefoot a lot as he learned to walk, and he also wears some little sandals often.  When I put these little Sperry's on his feet, they went on so easily and the velcro straps just sealed the deal.  I am sure his preschool teachers will really appreciate these shoes too.  Actually, what really sealed the deal was seeing him "run" all over the store in them.  He seriously seemed to love them.  This guy hasn't really started running yet, but I was having a time keeping up with him.  If only I had a camera with me to capture that moment!  These pictures from today will have to do as the first time he wore his new shoes.

Photobucket
Are they not the cutest things? 

Photobucket
*Sniff* He looks so big in these shoes!

Photobucket
And here's a peak of how this little tornado likes to make a mess of big brother's books. 

Photobucket
Heading into the bathroom to wreak some more havoc. 

Photobucket
I think these shoes will take him on many adventures this year!

He wore these shoes all day today and did not even attempt to pull them off.  Win!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love these!!! The color is perfect too. He looks like such a big boy with shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love the color. We don't do white shoes around here...they get dirty too fast! :-)

      Delete
  2. Very cute shoes! Spencer had a similar pair when he was 2 and a half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they were so nice...went on like a glove! That is a blessing on those chubby little feet. Evan always had skinny feet so shoes were no problem getting on, but Brody's seem to be much chubbier on the tops. I love chubby baby feet though! :-)

      Delete
  3. Those shoes are sooo cute! And yep, if he doesn't pull them off that's even sweeter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! I was really hoping we could find a good pair for the coming winter months because he has been going barefoot all summer. :-)

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails