Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dear Natalie


I totally thought of you in a law school class this week.  I had actually totally forgotten that my school has a "mascot."  Since it is a private law school and not connected to a university with sports teams, I don't really know why it has one.  It isn't something that is shown a lot.  However, in one of my classes, the professor's powerpoint slides had our school symbol with a picture of the mascot.  Do you know what the mascot is?   Yep, you guessed it...A BEAGLE!  Ha!  I actually also forgot that there is one in Evan's room.  Before I started school about 3 years ago, we did a tour of the school.  Evan and Daddy went with me, and the girl who did the tour gave Evan a little stuffed version of the mascot.  I swear that for weeks afterwards, he loved this little doggy so much.  I wanted the little stuffed animal to "last" so we keep him up on his display shelf now.  So I thought you'd like this picture...

This is the Charlotte School of Law beagle.  I'm not sure if he has a name.  Ha!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. GAWD. Are you kidding me? A beagle mascot? That's just about the greatest thing I've ever heard. Do they need a live beagle for basketball and football games? Ginger is very affordable.

    I totally think the Charlotte School of Law Beagle should be named Lawson. Or Charlotte. No. Lawson. For sure.

    When I first saw the title on my blog roll I panicked a little bit. For some reason my mind always goes to the negative and I worry that I have done something to upset somebody. Whenever my supervisor says she wants to talk I immediately run through my mind anything I could have done that was wrong. Which is stupid, because it's not like I'm effing around at work. 9 times out of 10 she needs my help because she doesn't know how to do something that I do. Anyway, I was totally worried that you were going to be like, Dear Natalie, you are a jerk and I loathe being your east coast twin. I'm SO glad that it was just a post to further my beagle addiction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is probably a good thing our school doesn't have athletics because I'm not sure how intimidating the "beagles" would be. Haha! Probably should be the "pitbulls" instead so we can appear to be aggressive, cutthroat attorneys one day. Yep, Lawson would be a great name for him. Since we don't have sports, I think Ginger would be well-qualified for the mascot position since she does enjoy sleeping a lot.

      And you are just too silly, girl! How could you even think this would be something bad? What kind of person do you take me for? Haha!

      Delete
    2. We do have a school publication called the "Legal Beagle" and I had totally forgotten about that too. Shows how involved I am, huh? Ha!

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails