Friday, August 31, 2012

It's Friday and we're FINALLY...

On the way to the beach! After this past week, we all need it! I am attempting to post this from my phone while riding in the car so not sure how that will go. We got a later start than planned because of my crazy work. I had a ton of stuff to finish and get mailed including a Brief to the Court of Appeals because of our office closing next week for the Democratic National Convention which will likely wreak havoc on our lovely little city as the President and his entourage will be attending and likely staying right down the road from our house. Needless to say, we are thankful to be getting out of dodge! We had to make a couple of stops to fill 'er up in SC where the gas is always cheaper because NC has like the highest gas tax in the country (ugh!), to get some yummy Italian ice and gelato because I just needed some, and now we'll have to stop soon for dinner. A big shout out of thanks to my wonderful husband for packing up the car, cleaning up the house (can't come home to a dirty one), picking Evan up from school and loading the kids in the car and coming to get me from work so we could hit the road and beat the rush hour traffic. Whew, I am finally breathing easier as we leave it all behind. Brody and I are ready to sink our tootsies in the sand! HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND, YA'LL! Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Have an awesome vacation! It sounds like it will be a lot of fun, some relaxing and exactly what you need!

    And reading your post reminded me of all the times my husband would pack up the car, including our son, and pick me up early from work so we could hit the road to my parents. Fun times although my husband always found it a little stressful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope y'all have a wonderful time at the beach. What a great way to unwind and enjoy the end of the summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just packing up and leaving for the vacation makes you need a vacation. Ha ha!

    Again, I read this when you posted it. Just never commented. Man, I got really behind planning this party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read about the party! The packing to go home and then the unpacking is even less enjoyable!

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails