Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Epic Tale of the First Day

Here is the much anticipated tale of the first day of kindergarten.  I am happy to report that it was not too eventful and that Evan came home boasting that kindergarten was "the best" and that he had a great day.  Although he is not in class with any of his former preschool friends (and I do think something was up with a lot of those kids being together in another class, but I will not go into that here), he did report that he saw several of his friends throughout the day at lunch and on the playground.  He said he and one of his friends from t-ball played together on the playground and that he saw and said hello to his neighbor friend, Zachary. It was definitely an answer to prayer that he had a good day.  He has such a soft and sensitive little heart, and I was worried what would happen if his feelings got hurt.  I know, I probably worried for nothing, but what's a mother to do?  This is her baby!  On his first day, he reported that a gingerbread man visited their classroom, and they chased him and tried to eat him, and then he left them some gingerbread cookies.  He colored a cute little gingerbread man picture for me too.

We woke up at 6:30 a.m. to get the big boy up and dressed and fed his breakfast (he chose pancakes).

Photobucket
Got to have the infamous "Pinterest" inspired chalk picture.  


Photobucket


Photobucket
Little brother was so proud although it doesn't look like it at 7:00 a.m.

Photobucket
Mommy and her big boy. 

Photobucket
A proud daddy moment

Photobucket

Photobucket
The backpack and lunchbox are packed with care.

Photobucket
Mommy even wrote a love note for him to read.  He did read it to daddy later!  His lunch was just his ol' favorite (peanut butter and jelly sandwich, baby carrots, and some cookies with ice cold water in his Star Wars thermos).   

Photobucket
Thumbs up for school!

Photobucket
Walking in.  Looks like we just kicked him out of the car and made him walk in by himself.  He just ran ahead and wanted to walk by himself to show us it was no big deal. 

Photobucket
He has arrived!

Photobucket
Walking in with Daddy and little brother.  I just love that his backpack looks so big on him. 

Photobucket
Hanging up his backpack. 

Photobucket
Sitting in his seat and getting his ID badge to wear. 

Photobucket
Writing his name.  No problem for this kiddo!

Photobucket
Look at all the school supplies!  

Photobucket
School has begun.  Mommy snuck back around the corner to snap one last picture. 

Photobucket
Apparently, this is his school's motto.  Let's hope they do whatever it takes to give my boy a good education!  

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet post!! I love the pics. I know I will be like that when our child. Capture all the big moments! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When our child goes to kindergarten lol I left that out! Oh those typos

      Delete
    2. Awww, I know you will too, Lauren! I promise it will be worth all these struggles you have to endure! :-)

      Delete
  2. These are just great. I love how at ease he seems on his first day. I cried for a week when I started kindergarten. Hopefully he always loves school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl, we are so much alike...I am always a very emotional person!

      Delete
  3. Wow! You got a ton of pictures! I love the Pinterest inspired chalk writing. Sam starts pre-school (just two afternoons a week) next week and I am trying to figure out what I can do for him to mark all these first days of school coming up. I like the sidewalk chalk -- it's easy!

    I'm glad to hear that Evan had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it is a pretty easy way to do it! I thought for Brody, I could write Preschool - Year 1 since he'll be in preschool for the next four years. Ha!

      Delete
  4. I love the chalk on the sidewalk. I'm torn between doing that and doing a chalkboard/whiteboard that my kids can hold. I think we'll end up doing the board to hold since it's like 115 degrees here when we start school and writing on the sidewalk would seriously cause burns on my hands.

    So glad that the first day went well. I know you were so nervous about it.

    BTW, I went back and I was reading an old comment I left. I said something about having all of the teachers sign the Dr. Seuss book and I wrote "right in the book" instead of "write in the book". I am mortified at myself for making that mistake. I must have been seriously tired to make such a boo boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've seen the little chalkboards used and it is cute! I knew that was a simple mistake and didn't even want to draw attention or make you feel bad. I know how you are since we are so much alike! ;-)

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails