Sunday, September 2, 2012

Beach Nostalgia

After a wonderful first day at the beach, I could not help being reminded of our past years at the beach.  We have been bringing Evan to Myrtle Beach since 2009 when he was two years old.  He went to NC beaches in 2007, but we missed going to the beach in 2008 when he was one.  The progress he has made over the years in his level of enjoyment has really been something to watch and appreciate.  Brody's progress from last year to this year is also pretty amazing but also reminds me how big my baby has gotten.  Evan loved the beach when he was two, was more cautious when he was three and four, but at five, I think he has enjoyed it the most.  Last year, he may have been more brave, but the water was very choppy and rough, and he could not even go in the surf without being knocked down by huge waves.  Mommy even got knocked down and lost her glasses last year, and none of us were very pleased with the experience.  This year, he is finally brave  enough to venture out and do some boogie boarding and just loved it.  Brody, of course, has no problem with any kind of water and definitely is in love with the sand.  It has pretty much been a dream come true experience!

Photobucket
Evan's first beach trip when he was barely a month old.  I actually did take him out in the water, but Daddy wasn't with me so no one could take pictures.  

Photobucket
This was his first "real" beach experience, and it was an amazing trip. 

Photobucket
Although he was a little more cautious this year and needed Mommy or Daddy to be with him constantly, he had a lot of fun. 

Photobucket
This year the surf was just too rough, but luckily, there was a big inner pool of water for him to play in. 

Photobucket
The face says it all.  He was a boogie board riding champ!  

Photobucket
He was so itty bitty last year.  He actually went to NC beaches when he was only a month old, but  I loved this shot of him at Myrtle when he was about 5 months old. 

Photobucket
The reason I have to hold him is because he would venture head first into the waves.  We are really going to have to watch this one closely at the beach.  

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love the retrospective. Sam has been enjoying the sand part of beaches this summer but not the water and Rachel wants to eat the sand and loves the water. I can't wait until both of them are old enough to enjoy the water and I can read a book again! Have a good rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh to relax and read a book on the beach again. Will that ever happen? *Sigh* But it is fun to watch the kids enjoying themselves too. :-)

      Delete
  2. Man, I love a good progression of pictures. Evan looks so big in his first beach picture. Maybe it's just the angle of the camera, but he looks older than 1 month!

    I'm so glad you guys are enjoying yourselves on your beach vacation. I swear I have been reading all of your posts as you post them, I just hate leaving comments on my phone, and it sometimes takes me a day or two to get to the computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it was the angle because he was a shrimp. Probably weighed less than Brody did at birth. Ha! I figured you'd like the comparison pics too. I know what you mean about commenting from phone since I am currently doing so. But it is keeping me occupied on the drive home! :-)

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails