Sunday, September 9, 2012

Brody's 1st Day of "Preschool"

Well, I am officially "behind" on my posts again.  We have just had such a crazy busy month and are definitely starting to realize the joy of being parents of two now.  Brody is beginning his school years in the one year old room at his big brother's old preschool, and we are very excited about the possibilities this will afford him to grow and develop academically and socially.  He actually missed his first day of school on Wednesday because we were coming home from the beach that day.  So his official first day was Friday, September 7, 2012.  He arrived at 9:00 a.m. and was only to stay until 11:00 a.m.  We were glad he was only staying for a couple of hours his first day since we weren't sure how he would do.  He is only 16 months old and has never been left for long periods in an unfamiliar setting.  We have only attempted nursery at church a few times because he did not do so well.  His experience on Friday was pretty similar in that he cried or fussed nearly the whole time.  His teachers said the only time he did not cry was for brief periods when he was pushing his beloved baby carriage around and when he was being held.  I know, it sounds like we have a case of a spoiled little boy on our hands, but we are confident that he will adapt and learn to handle the situation.  At home, he is really very independent and does not want to be held very much any more.  I think any child is going to have a hard time adapting to a big change in routine in an unfamiliar environment, but it will ultimately be good for him.  When I and his nanny picked him up at 11:00, he was so mad at me that he threw his silky on the floor in outrage and screamed at me in protest.  Ha!  He definitely has a healthy dose of temper!

Photobucket

Photobucket
We attempted the first day of school pictures like we did with big brother.  Since Brody was more wild, we used the chair to coax him to stay in one place longer.  It worked briefly!  

Photobucket
Looking so big in his new shoes with his school bag and lunchbox.  He didn't actually take his lunch on Friday since it was a short day.  

Photobucket
A picture with a proud mommy

Photobucket
Mommy trying to tickle his leg to get a smile. 

Photobucket
Mommy kisses

Photobucket
Always happiest with Daddy. 

Photobucket
Just melts my heart!

Photobucket
After pictures, he decided he wanted to play a little game of peek-a-boo or hide-n-seek behind this pole. 

Photobucket
Hey Brody, I see you!

Photobucket
"Mommy will never find me here."

Photobucket
Peeking out at Mommy.

Photobucket
Arriving at school.  His school is a church preschool, and I love their little courtyard.  

Photobucket
Brody is ready to go to school.  He even wanted to carry his own bag. 

Photobucket
But he was not too happy when he realized he was getting left alone!
Despite the minor setback of his attitude, we are hopeful of better days to come.  Here's to the beginning of a lifetime of learning!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Rachel screams her head off every time we leave her with someone or some place new. I figure eventually she will get used to it. They have to figure it out sometime, right?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Separation anxiety is common to all youngsters. Evan grew out of it and always loved going to daycare and preschool.

      Delete
  2. I am so behind on my commenting! I have been reading all of your posts as you post them, but the pary prep took over my life for the past however many days and then I was recovering after!

    Oh the lengths we go to to get good pictures of our boys. That's why we have like 1,000 images from a vacation. If they would just sit still, look at the camera and smile our photo taking would be reduced by 75%. And we'd probably hate it. He he.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I think I'll enjoy all the crazy shots of my kids in the future way more than I'll enjoy the perfectly posed shots. :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! I can't wait to display pictures like these at his high school graduation party and his wedding. :-)

      Delete
  4. Yes kids are tough-- he'll soon adapt. I really like the picture idea. So cute! Stopping by from MOB Society by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails