Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Our Beach Photography

Every year since Evan was two, we have tried to take our annual family pictures at the beach.  I love beach photography, but I don't think I would hire a photographer as has become the new craze.  I actually like the pictures we take ourselves.  I like the natural shots of my children where they aren't posed and aren't always looking at the camera.  I am pretty happy with the shots we got this year although we did have some technical issues with the new camera and our location, including the lens fog, missing a piece from our tripod and having to rig something to sit the camera on, a little baby who cannot stay out of the water, a more crowded beach, etc.  We took these on the last morning of our beach vacation which also happened to be my birthday.  What a nice birthday present!

Photobucket





Photobucket


Photobucket

My Boys

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Me and my babies

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Getting some air!


Photobucket
This is what camera fog does to pictures.  See how it looks hazy.  It wasn't ...it was a nice clear day.  The camera fog disappears once the camera's temperature adjust to the warmer outside temperatures after being inside in the air conditioner.  
Photobucket
And I had to take a picture of the beautiful flowers growing around our hotel, of course!  
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. They are all so good. I would have never known you used a timer for the family ones. The one that you picked for your header is just perfect.

    And check you out hot mama in your sexy beach dress! Smokin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, do not say that! I feel like a fat cow...seriously! I still look like 5 months prego since Brody was born, and I don't have time to do anything about it. I actually had that dress from two years ago when we went to the beach, and I picked it out from one of those cheap beach shops just for pictures. It's kind of lose to hide my big belly, but it was definitely a lot more snug than the last time I wore it! *Sigh* Maybe next year I can work off some of this extra weight. I've never really had a flat stomach, but this is just so unflattering. :-(

      Delete
    2. loose...oops! I'm tired from running a marathon to get a photobook made and published before midnight so I could get it free. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love all of those pictures! What awesome pictures for using a self-timer. And I agree with Natalie -- you look amazing in the beach dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natasha, but trust me, I do not feel "amazing" right now. I am so out of shape and still look about 5 months prego! *Sigh*

      Delete
  3. Such sweet pictures!!!! I love photos on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry these photos turned out great! Do you use a timer or a remote for your camera?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annabelle! We had actually purchased a remote to use, but when we got out there, the remote would only work if you were like three feet from the camera. That wasn't working so we just set the timer for the family shots. Apparently, you can set it to take like a rapid succession of 10 shots so we had lots of shots to choose from. I don't know if the remote issues were just related to the particular remote we purchased or what...it was a cordless/wireless remote so it may not have a long range. I know that professional photographers use remotes successfully, but I don't know the distance for those.

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails