Sunday, September 9, 2012

My 32nd Birthday

My birthday was on Wednesday and the day we traveled home from the beach, and we have been extremely busy since then.  We did eat lunch at Planet Hollywood (Evan's choice -- he's been begging to eat at the planet for a couple of years although we usually eat at the Hardrock Cafe which looks like a big Egyptian pyramid) in Myrtle Beach before we hit the road, and I did get some dessert, but it really didn't feel much like a birthday celebration.  By the time we got home and unloaded the car, I didn't feel like doing much except climbing into bed.  Evan had school on Thursday, and I had some errands to run.  Thursday was also my nephew Lanny's 6th birthday so we met his family for dinner at P.F. Chang's and also got a little dessert treat.  Eddie and I did the dinner for two special which comes with an appetizer, two entree dishes, and a mini dessert each.  Eddie gave his to Evan.  Lanny got one for his birthday with a candle in it, and I enjoyed the Tiramisu.  On Friday, Evan and Brody both had school, and Eddie and I had more errands to run and chores to do since we had been gone almost a week.  We picked the boys up from school and then actually went to purchase my birthday present.  We have been sleeping on the same bed and mattress for our entire nine years of marriage.  My husband had purchased the mattress a few years before when he graduated from college, and his mother gave him our bedroom suit.  The mattress was nothing special when purchased, and we have always wanted to buy a nicer one.  Until the last year, we didn't really think we would ever need or want a king size bed, but with two little ones who love spending time with mommy and daddy in their bed, our queen size has gotten increasingly snug.  We decided to treat ourselves to a new mattress.  We love a bedroom suit at Ashley Furniture that would cost over $5,000 for all the pieces, and I would not be happy if I couldn't get the whole set.  For now, we are going to keep the set we have, and my dear husband has promised to build me an upholstered headboard.  I am so excited and just have to find a fabric I like.  I am also talking him into a bench seat for a foot board because I think it needs that too.  Tonight, my husband brought home an ice cream cake for my birthday, and we celebrated together.  It was a perfect birthday!

Photobucket
My sweet little birthday cake

Photobucket
My baby helping me celebrate.  I think he thought Daddy and big brother were singing to him. 

Photobucket
I had help blowing out the candles!

Photobucket
Yum!

Photobucket
Hey, at least I didn't post the notorious shot of him with the fork in his mouth.  I am really good at those. :-) 

Photobucket
Brody was loving his cake. 

Photobucket
Evan ate most of his cake but left the icing as usual.  He is not my cake lover although he loved it when he was a baby. 

Photobucket
Sweet baby

Photobucket
Pure enjoyment

Photobucket
My birthday present.  We chose a simple white duvet with gray embroidery from Target.  I am hoping to add a punch of color with the headboard.  

Photobucket
Our bed with a special message above. 

Photobucket
And this was my late present from Brody.  Yes, that's my jewelry box that he pulled off my dresser. 

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh no :( I'm sorry about the late present from Brody. Sam broke one of my necklaces a few weeks ago.

    And I love your new duvet cover. It's very pretty. I think birthdays are even more exciting when they are celebrated over a number of days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it took me a while to sort out my necklaces and get them untangled, but nothing appears to be broken that wasn't already so I guess I can't complain to much. The jewelry box just needs a little wood glue and will be good as new. :-)

      Delete
  2. I still can not get over that we have the same birthday. And just 1 year apart. So, so, so crazy. Don't you just love September 5th, though? Of course if our birthday was on any other day we'd probably love that day too.

    When Spencer was born it took me a loooooooong time to be able to say his birthday correctly. After 28 years of saying September 5, 1979 it was hard to switch to say September 6, 2007. I still pause for a second when I say it to make sure I'm giving it correctly.

    I love your new bedding. Very fresh and crisp looking. We had a black and white set a few years ago. I actually wrote a funny post about it. I'll look for it and give you the link. Not tonight- way too late- but soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that our birthday usually falls on a holiday or the weekend (not so this year, but I got lucky with the DNC) so I get a day off from work. It is also kind of that last hurrah weekend at the end of summer too so we usually get to do something fun...like the beach. Yes, September 5th is an awesome birthday for us awesome people! And I think it is also neat that your son was born on September 6 and my nephew was born that day too. We both got "birthday" presents. Lanny is just one year older than Spencer, and you are just one year older than me. We can add that too our running excel list! ;-)

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails