Sunday, September 30, 2012

Signs of Fall

It is hard to believe that today is the last day of September, but when I look out my window or step outside, the signs are there -- cooler weather, leaves strewn on the ground, and just the smell of fall.  The stores are also filled with the signs.  Of course, my favorite store, Target, is abundant in lovely fall goodness.  My husband absolutely hates that when we walk in the door, I am automatically going to spend 10 to 15 minutes perusing the goodness of the $1.00 bins.  Oh what treasures I always find!  Evan and I enjoyed putting out some of our fall and halloween decor this weekend.  No pumpkins yet, but we'll be hitting the pumpkin patch soon to find some of those treasures.

Photobucket
Our jack-o-lantern mat was a lovely Target find from a few years ago. 

Photobucket
Our fall flag has seen many happy years with our family.  

Photobucket
Yes, the witch (I guess that'd be me) is in.  It is supposed to be in the ground, but she didn't feel like digging in the dirt.  

Photobucket
Evan enjoys putting these window clings on the window every year, and who could deny a child this little moment of joy? 

Photobucket
Admiring his work.  We made sure to spell the words backwords so they'd be visible the right way from outside.  

Photobucket
Evan was very happy to have Grandma with him to admire his work. 

Photobucket
Evan loved this little banner we got from Target.  I could probably make my own but not for $1.

Photobucket
His new halloween candy bucket makes a nice addition to the fireplace. 

Photobucket
Our leaf strewn deck is a less desireable side-effect of fall.  It just means a little extra yardwork is coming and that we'll have some fun jumping in leaf piles in a little while. 

I think if I was a resolution making person and was going to make one resolution for the fall season, it would be to remedy this disastrous situation:

Photobucket
My desk is littered with junk mail to be gone through and Evan and Brody school stuff.

Photobucket
Daddy's disaster area is littered with printer ink boxes, tools, glue and papers needing to be filed away.  *Sigh*  There is just never enough time in the day. 
On the bright side, I just packed up three bags of baby clothes, blankets, burp cloths, and bibs to pass on to our future nephew, Grady, due in just a couple of months.  Eddie's sister, Naomi, is expecting a bouncing baby boy!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Our favorite store is Target as well. I could spend hours in there. It's so dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Target is the best. We are pretty obsessed around these parts!

      Delete
  2. Target is coming to Canada in March and I am sooo excited I can hardly wait. I will also spend way too much money there!

    And today I am cleaning off my (virtual and physical) desk. My virtual desk by reading through all the blog posts I couldn't read this weekend (due to lack of internet and busyness) and my physical desk by sorting it all on the dining room table! Ha ha ha!

    I like your Fall decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for finally getting a Target! You'll love it! We have a Target like on every corner in this town...and they are all pretty busy. It is actually a little ridiculous! ;-)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to know other people have disastrous desk situations too. Actually the room with my desk in it pretty neat other than the desk. The entire ROOM with Michael's desk in it is a disaster. The baby swing, infant carrier, baby bathtub, and other things that Kellan has outgrown are in there. I can't get rid of them because we want other children but they are just so big!

    On another note, I TOTALLY go straight to the $1 section in Target first and always come out with something. Secondly, isn't it so satisfying to pack up clothes and give them away? We have of course kept Kellan's clothes but Michael andI have recently started going through some of our stuff and it felt WAY TOO good to hand them off to Goodwill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the rest of our "office" isn't too bad although it does have the bassinet and a bouncey seat that Brody outgrew and we haven't stored yet. Of course, that room has like four closets and storage spaces that are packed to the brim with stuff so it is out of sight. Hehe. It also doubles as an exercise room with Eddie's weights and elliptical.

      Well, it was actually pretty emotional to give away a lot of the boys' stuff, but I figured it would be appreciated by Naomi. I couldn't get rid of a lot of those special pieces though.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the new nephew! My friend is having a baby boy in December and I am LOVING giving all of my baby stuff to her.

    We were going to put our fall/Halloween stuff out this weekend but grandparents were in town and we never got to it. We'll do it slowly this week I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you probably decorate a little more than I do, Natalie. I don't usually like to put out a lot because then I have to take it all down and store it. I decorate the most for Christmas which is usually our tree, stockings, maybe some natural garland, wreaths and icicle lights outside. I am kind of a traditionalist. But I couldn't pass up a few things from Target this year. ;-)

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails