Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Prayers for Henry

Henry's sweet family
Friends,

I covet your prayers today for this family.  The Kelleys are a special family.  Little Henry's aunt is one of my most favorite people in the world, and although she and I live a great distance apart now, she still means so much to me.  Her little nephew is battling a very tough illness right now.  Until just a few weeks ago, he was a lively, active, and perfectly healthy four year old boy and doting brother to his two year old sister.  Suddenly, his parents started noticing that something wasn't right with their little man.  He just wasn't acting like himself, and they took him to his pediatrician several times.  All the tests that were run came back normal.  Then, his hands started shaking and gradually got worse.  His parents took him to the ER where a CT was performed which showed a large mass in the front of his brain.  He then underwent an MRI and had a drainage procedure performed to relieve some of the pressure.  Yesterday, Henry underwent brain surgery to remove the mass.  Only 50% of the mass could be removed safely, and it does appear that the mass is malignant.  They are currently waiting to see what type of cancer this may be and what other treatment options are available.  My prayers are for complete healing by the Great Physician, and I know that Little Henry is in the Lord's hands.  His parents are devout believers, and their faith in the face of this tremendous ordeal is so inspiring.  My heart breaks at the thought of what his mother is suffering.  I can only imagine the pain of watching your precious child go through something so painful and horrible.  It makes me want to hold my babies and never let them go.  Squeeze your little ones a little tighter today for Henry's sake and say extra special prayers for this precious child.

Dear Jessi and Ian,

At this most difficult time in your life, I just want to remind you that God is with you and will carry you through.  Little Henry is also in His loving hands.  Your struggles remind me of the words of this well-known poem that was always displayed in a frame in my house growing up.  I hope it comforts you at this time.   


I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
one belonging to me and one to my Lord.

When the last scene of my life shot before me

I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
There was only one set of footprints.
I realized that this was at the lowest
and saddest times of my life.
This always bothered me,
and I questioned the Lord 
about my dilemma.

“Lord, you told me when I decided to follow You,
You would walk and talk with me all the way.
But I'm aware that during the most troublesome
times of my life there is only one set of footprints.
I just don't understand why, when I needed You most,
You leave me.”

He whispered, “My precious child,
I love you and will never leave you
never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints
it was then that I carried you.”
Margaret Fishback Powers




Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. I am sending TONS of prayers- as my cousin (now 41) was just 3 years old when she had her first mass. She is at the end of her fight with brain cancer and I hope all she has been through an worked for will help little Henry be cured and not endure what we have watch through Ali!!! PRAYERS of comfort and healing to ALL in the family!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that is an amazing story about your cousin. She definitely was a fighter and didn't give up. So inspiring! I know that God is in control and has a plan and that all things work for good to those that know him, but as a human, it is still hard to grasp how little children getting so sick can be part of his great and loving plan. Then, I always hear these stories of how those little lives have touched so many other people with the courage and strength and faith. Thank you for joining me in my prayers for this family. I figure the more prayers they get on their side the better!

      Delete
  2. Oh Sherry. I am praying for complete healing for little Henry and comfort and strength for his parents, sister and the rest of his family. God does carry us through the worst times in our life and I know He is carrying Henry and his family now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Natasha. I hope that knowing that so many prayers are being lifted up for them will bring them comfort during this time.

      Delete
  3. This is every parent's worse nightmare. I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to them. I will fold Henry in my prayers tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Candi! The more blogs I read about children suffering through such horrible sickness, the more terrified I am. For a perfectly normal and healthy child to suddenly become so sick is just unreal to me. But I know God is going to use this terrible situation for something good.

      Delete
  4. I found your blog through the southern mamas blog hop. I am so glad I came to visit because I KNOW that Jesus hears all of our prayers for Henry. I will definitely be praying for this sweet boy and his family. My heart is breaking....
    Marci...www.lifewithjoys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marci! I just know that the more prayers are offered up for this family, the more God's love and work will be shown to the world.

      Delete
  5. Sending prayers to sweet Henry. I can't even imagine how devastated and scared his parents must feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know all the prayers from so many people are really going to help change this situation from one of sadness to one of praise and thanksgiving.

      Delete
  6. I am so sensitive to this kind of thing after we almost lost Elliott. For a while there when he was so sick and we were facing the possibility of a liver transplant I became obsessed with reading blogs about sick kids.....really to the point where it wasn't healthy and I had to force myself to stop.

    There is no more powerful combination than modern medicine and God. I will be praying for sweet little Henry and for the doctors who will help to heal him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I have to stay away from those blogs too because they just send me into a state of depression and worry...I have some issues in that area. I am so glad I found you after Elliott was all better or else I really would have gotten so depressed after reading about your situation. Little Henry is only a year younger than Evan so I have watched him grow up (on facebook and when his mother used to blog) and see so many similarities between him and Evan. It just scares me to death that something like this can happen. The really scary part is that if his parents hadn't been so attentive to the changes in their son, he could have gotten so much worse and maybe even died before they knew what was happening. :-(

      Delete
  7. Lots of prayers coming your way.

    I'm linking and following.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers for Little Henry! And his family. May the Grace of God surpass all they are going through~~

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails