Wednesday, September 19, 2012

500th Post


What exactly does one talk about on a 500th post?  It seems like such an accomplishment.  I have been blogging for over three years and perhaps other bloggers reached the 500 mark way earlier, but I try to be about "quality" instead of quantity.  Ha!  A lot of my earliest posts were very long because they "summarized"  my family's history up to that point.  I have been blogging pretty consistently and haven't missed any months since beginning although some months were more sparse than others.  I thought that maybe for this 500th post, I would take a look back at when and what I wrote for my other "monumental" 100 mark posts:

1st Post - May 13, 2009 - The Introduction to the blog and us

100th Post - February 28, 2010 - Evan started "reading" as he memorized his favorite book.

200th Post - December 29, 2010 - Our Christmas 2010

300th Post - September 14, 2011 - A Twilight Crazy Post - Ha!

400th Post - June 14, 2012 - Evan's last month of preschool events

Well, I don't think this post really accomplished anything, and as you can see, my other 100th posts were all pretty random as well.  But hey, that's me...Mrs. Random!  Here's to 500 more random posts about life and all that goes with it!

P.S. - Don't be counting my posts over on my sidebar and calling me a liar.  I have 2 posts that are unpublished and don't show up on there, but according to blogger, my "official" count is 500.  :-)

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! I so missed my 500th post. Now I'm going to go back and see what it was... a random video I uploaded ten months late because for the longest time I couldn't figure out how to upload videos to our blog because Blogger changed the process.

    I'm at 773 posts so far in total (been blogging for five years but I've just become more regular in the past two) so sometime next year I'll likely hit 1000 posts. Whooo Exciting! And given the coolness of your 500th post I'll have to come up with something amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Oh yeah, Natasha, it was so cool...I'm sure you can do better. ;-)

      Delete
  2. This was a great idea! I'm coming up on my 500th as well and may just steal this :) I'm a sucker for looking back on old posts, so this is perfect! Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I would have done something a little more "creative" with my other 100th posts but oh well. I guess I was too busy just blogging about life. ;-) Can't wait to see what you can think up for yours!

      Delete
  3. Yay! 500 post!! I'm creeping up on my 200th post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest you do something "special" to commemorate it, Lauren. You see how "uncreative" mine was. :-)

      Delete
  4. Happy 500th Blog! I went back and checked and mine was in April, 2011. This is the link if you're bored and looking for something to do: http://abeagleandababyaz.blogspot.com/2011/02/500.html

    I wrote mine on the thrilling subject of humidifiers! When I write a new post in a few minutes it will be #770 for me. Eeek. I'm getting close to 800.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails