Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fun with a New Friend

Last Saturday, Mommy took Evan to meet his new school friend, Alex, for some jumping fun.  Evan had been coming home everyday for the last week telling us about playing with his friend, Alex, and that Alex's birthday was that week and that he was having a birthday party at a cool place called Sky High that has these big trampoline "rooms" for lots of jumping fun.  I explained carefully to Evan that I was so glad that he had made a new friend but not to get disappointed if we didn't get "invited" to a birthday party because the school year was just beginning, and most parents would not know enough about the other kids at school to invite them to parties.  Apparently Thursday was Alex's birthday, and his mom took cupcakes to the class for the occasion.  On Friday, the teacher e-mailed me and told me that Alex's mom really wanted Evan to join them for the fun.  It was just a small affair, and she wasn't planning a big elaborate party.  Evan and I decided to head over and meet them on Saturday.  When we arrived, I walked Evan through the place to see if we saw his friend, and of course, he had to go to the bathroom.  He didn't see his friend so we walked back to the front.  I went ahead and checked us in so he could enjoy some jumping fun.  When we turned around, Evan saw his friend, and they ran to meet each other.  I just love boy love!  Alex's mom said that most of the other friends and family she'd ask to come had to cancel on her so it was just Alex, Evan, and one of Alex's neighbor friends.  I actually think they had more fun in such a small group.  It was a big place, and they were constantly going from one jumping area to the next.  Talk about a way to wear a mama out!

Photobucket
Checking out the big trampoline. 

Photobucket
Following his friend. 

Photobucket
Getting some air.

Photobucket
He was constantly on the move.  Apparently, he preferred running more than jumping on the trampoline.  I think he liked that it gave him a "spring" in his step.  Ha!

Photobucket
Still running.  Some of the bigger kids were doing some cool jumps and tumbling.  

Photobucket
Another "room" had these big foam pits to jump into. 

Photobucket
Big jump!

Photobucket
He looks so small in there.

Photobucket
I got in there to play dodge ball with him.  I had no clue what I was doing!
Photobucket
Enjoying a cool treat after all the hard work.  Seriously, this is great exercise!

Photobucket
After their hour of jumping, they wanted to play some arcade games.  Ugh, those games were all a dollar each!  I think that's ridiculous for only about 2 minutes of play.  Evan and Alex shared a ride on the motorcycle. 

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that looks like SO much fun!! I'm so glad that Evan got invited. Trampoline's are such great exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam got invited to his friend from preschool's birthday yesterday. They had only been at school together for about three days when he was invited. I love how quickly kids form friendships and are open to including everyone in parties. We adults could learn something there, eh? (Okay, maybe it's just me who could learn something!) I'm glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I am always anxious for Evan making new friends, and he always proves to me that he is perfectly capable. He is very friendly and will reach out and take the first step towards playing with new kids. It makes me proud because I am pretty shy and reserved and find it difficult sometimes to begin new friendships.

      Delete
  3. A dollar for 2 minutes is highway robbery! I love places like that. Spencer got a gift card for a similar place for his birthday. He's been begging to go. We have enough on the card for him to go several times. I'd like Elliott to get just a little bit older before we take him too, but when we do it'll be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, if I could just get back all the dollars we have spent on those crazy games, I might have a nice little nest egg. Haha! Yeah, this place definitely wouldn't have been the safest place for Brody. We have some places with big inflatable jumpy things that Evan always liked even before he was a year old though. They had more toddler friendly areas.

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails