Saturday, September 15, 2012

More Beach Fun

To wrap up our vacation, we just enjoyed more of the beach, the water park at our resort, more putt putt, and riding the old beach pavilion rides at Broadway at the Beach (that's a nice tradition we plan to keep up every year).  Our daily routine involved waking up between 8:00 and 8:30 (that's late for our kids), eating breakfast in our room, getting ready for the beach (that means a lengthy routine of covering everyone in SPF50+ sunscreen for my family of very white folks), getting down to the beach about 10:00 and hanging out until between 12:00 and 1:00, going back to our room and having lunch (Eddie did sneak down to the poolside bar to snag us some yummy tropical beverages), naptime for Brody while Daddy and Evan went to the water park, water park time for Brody when he woke from his nap, coming in and taking baths/showers and getting ready to go out for dinner/entertainment in the evening, and then getting back to the room exhausted and ready to crash.  Does that sound like a relaxing vacation to anyone?  Ha!

Photobucket
Brody loves the beach and his little shark swim trunks from Gap.  They actually have writing on them that you can only see close up.  Any ideas what the writing says?  Does "Nuh Na Nuh Na Nuh Na" sound familiar?  Ha!

Photobucket
Sitting on the shark boogie board playing in the sand in the shade.  This baby could sit and dig in the sand all day.  He was actually a very easy baby to have on the beach. 

Photobucket
Covering himself with sand. 

Photobucket
I just love him!

Photobucket
"What Mom?  I'm busy!" 

Photobucket
My little sand castle maker.  

Photobucket
It takes a lot of concentration to make it perfect. 

Photobucket
I remember pictures of him doing this at 2 years old.  My how time flies!  

Photobucket
He wrote his name on the beach. 

Photobucket
My cool kid

Photobucket
Playing a little football.

Photobucket
I love that his sunglasses sat crooked on his face. 

Photobucket
Splashing with Mommy. 

Photobucket
Brody is not afraid of the water at all and would go in all by himself if we'd let him.  

Photobucket
Me and my baby. 

Photobucket


Photobucket
I love him.

Photobucket
I love both of them so much. 

Photobucket
Proud Daddy with his cool kids. 

Photobucket
More digging. 

Photobucket
Bringing more water to help Mommy make a sand castle. 

Photobucket
Just watching Mommy work. 

Photobucket
Hanging out in the shade. 

Photobucket
Our castle complete with a moat and a bridge. 

Photobucket
Overhead shot.  No, we could never get enough water to fill up the moat so we gave up. 

PIRATE PUTT-PUTT

Photobucket
I have this exact picture from when he was two.  Pirate putt-putt is his favorite.

Photobucket
Brody is ready to play his first game of putt-putt. 

Photobucket
Look at that big boy with his club.  Looks like he may prefer baseball though. 

Photobucket
Sitting on the pirate ship. 

Photobucket
Daddy showing him how to putt.   Priceless!

Photobucket
I just love these Daddy-son moments. 

Photobucket
Brothers playing together. 

MORE FUN AT THE WATER PARK!

Photobucket
Trying to get his fill of water.  He could stay in there all day!

Photobucket
Mommy and her baby. 

Photobucket
Making a splash. 

Photobucket
Mommy took Brody down the water slide, and he loved it!

Photobucket
We made a big splash. 

Photobucket
Gotta love our happy faces!

Photobucket
He loved splashing. 

Photobucket
Cutie trying to climb back onto the slide. 

Photobucket
Here comes Evan!

Photobucket
Daddy's funny face.

Photobucket
Brody was not as amused going down the slide with Daddy because he made too big of a splash!  

Photobucket
Big brother Evan went down a million times. 

Photobucket
Okay, maybe a million and two!

Photobucket
Making a big splash. 

Photobucket
Sweet baby was so happy in the water. 

Photobucket
Evan did the really big slide. 

Photobucket
The face says it all. 

Photobucket
Just having a blast. 

Photobucket
The happiest baby in the world!

Photobucket
Yep, we enjoyed having about 500 gallons of water dropped on our heads.  

Photobucket
And Daddy too. 

Photobucket
We are ready this time!

Photobucket
Brody doing more splashing.

Photobucket
I love Daddy and Evan's faces. 

Photobucket
Evan kept doing it because he thought it was funny that the force of the water made his pants fall down a little.  Not a full moon...just a half one.  Ha!

PAVILION NOSTALGIA PARK

Photobucket
This is where all the old beach pavilion rides reside at Broadway at the Beach.  We love it. 

Photobucket
Brody got to ride with big brother this year.  So memorable!

Photobucket
Driving their dune buggy.

Photobucket
I just love these special times!

Photobucket
Daddy always has to ride the teacups with Evan because Mommy can't handle them.

Photobucket
Evan riding the carousel.  

Photobucket
He decided he liked this patriotic horse better.  He's definitely a proud American boy!

Photobucket
Brody rode a little pony.

Photobucket
And a great big lion. 

Photobucket
And the last ride of the night was a little boat ride.  Brody loved ringing the bell.

Photobucket
Our beautiful view of the ocean.

Photobucket
A little sailboat that came by while we were on the beach.

Photobucket
And a plane flew over. 

THE END! 


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Okay first off, I love your bathing suit!!!!!!

    It looks like y'all had a wonderful time. So many memories to share and for them to look back on fondly. I'm sure the break from work and school was such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! I found it at Target while we were at the beach. Ugh, I'm tired of my bathing suits making me look fat and nasty. Ha! This one did a little better camouflaging the fat belly. Yep, that week off was definitely a much needed blessing!

      Delete
  2. Hey Valerie- that's exactly what I was going to say. I love your suit, Sherry. It's very vintage looking, but also totally hip and now.

    Spencer actually has the same suit with the surfboards that Brody has. But then Elliott has the same blue and orange striped outfit as Brody. I think. Does it have a shark on the side.

    All of the photos are awesome, but the one of the beach with the colorful umbrella? Sell that to a calendar company or a postcard company or something. You'll be able to put the boys through college with your profits. It is beautiful! So peaceful looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I think Eddie found Brody's swim suit at Target this year. Isn't that weird? I had told you before that one of Brody's outfits was a hand-me-down from Evan, and you said you got Elliott's same one new this year. Brody's blue and orange striped outfit doesn't have a shark on it, but I had also noticed that Elliott had a similar striped outfit. I didn't notice the shark though. I got B's from Old Navy at the beach. Yep, I liked the fun colorful umbrella in that picture. The beach was actually crowded so that was one of the few shots I could get without people in it.

      Delete
  3. Hey -- I'm really late in commenting because for some reason I couldn't get the pictures in this post to load for me. Until tonight. Weird.

    Anyways, I agree with Natalie -- that beach umbrella picture is AWESOME!

    And your swimsuit is rocking too!

    AAAAND... I love the pictures of the water splashing at the splash park -- you have gotten some amazing shots there and I'm envious :)

    And Evan's crooked sunglasses are adorable. Love.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails