Thursday, September 20, 2012

ABC's of Sherry

Photobucket



So tonight, while perusing my favorite bloggy twin's blog (Hi, Natalie!), I found the cutest posts she wrote quite a long time ago.  She wrote her ABC's and then her husband did his and her then 2 year old son did his.  Since we are twins, I simply have to do it too!  

Age: 32 years, 0 months, 15 days 

Bed size:  King but just recently.  It was a queen for the past 9+ years of married life.  It had increasingly gotten smaller as more and more individuals shared it so I agree with Natalie here; it was feeling more and more like half a twin.


Chore you hate: Dusting.  Seriously, it was "my" chore as a child, and I hated it.  My mom had entirely too many nick nacks!  

Dog's name: Jingles but he's no longer with us.

Essential item to start your day: Shower and a good breakfast.  I can not survive without breakfast -- a product of being borderline anemic!


Favorite color: Light blue and pale yellow (yep, they're a tie too.)

Gold or Silver: Silver for most jewelry although I do think wedding bands are better in yellow gold.  
Height:  I say 5' 2" or 3" on a good day.
Instruments you play: None unless you count the recorder I played in elementary school music class.  Hehe!
Job title: Paid Job: Legal Assistant that will hopefully one day change to Lawyer/Attorney/Advocate/Counselor
Unpaid Job: Mommy (well unless you count kisses as payment which I do)

Key to a Happy Life: Relationship with God; Trust and Friendship with your spouse; not being greedy and just being happy with what you have

Living arrangements: We own and rent.  Own our 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home that we couldn't sell in our previous town and rent our current home.

Mom's name: Jackie Carol

Nicknames: Goose (by my brother when we were kids) and possibly some other mean names I'd rather not know about

Overnight hospital stay:  My birth in 1980 and the birth of my children in 2007 and 2011.
Pet Peeve: Rude and not courteous drivers; loud hiccuping (just grates on my nerves...drink something for crying out loud, Eddie!); drinking/swallowing loudly (Eddie and Evan!); leaving a mess and not picking up after yourself

Quote from a movie: "In vain I have struggled.  It will not do.  My feelings will not be repressed.  You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."  - by:  Mr. Darcy from Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice  (I had to consult Pinterest, but this one from my favorite book/movie will do the trick!)

Right or left handed: Right

Siblings: Older brother: Paul

Time you wake up: Monday through Friday - 6:30 to 7:00 a.m. (unless one of the kids has a fussy night and wakes us up earlier); Saturday and Sunday - maybe I get to sleep until 7:30 or 8:00

Underwear:  Yes, please.  I enjoy a soft cotton pair more than anything, but a little girly frill and lace doesn't hurt.  

Vegetable you dislike:  I like almost any vegetable, but I guess cauliflower is probably one I dislike the most.

Ways/Reasons you run late: I am always running late.  I blame the kids and the husband, but it's usually just because I have an unbelievably hard time getting out of bed in the mornings.  

X-rays you've had: Teeth, of course, and one when I went to the chiropractor after Brody was born to see why my back hurt so bad.  He really messed me up, little stinker! 

Yummy food you like to eat: Oh so many things, I just love food.  I guess my perfect meal would be a nice leafy green salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing, some yummy bread with olive oil and herbs for dipping, a nice juicy steak (probably a New York Strip because prime rib is too rare for me), some grilled asparagus with cracked black pepper, a glass of red wine, and some chocolate covered strawberries for dessert.  Yep, I think that would do it!  

Zoo animals you like: Well, my favorite animals are actually cute little bunny rabbits. (I know they stink, but I think they are so cute.  I had one as a child.)  I'm not sure you'd find rabbits at the zoo so I guess my favorite zoo animals are usually the giraffes.  I love that they are so tall and graceful (everything I am not).

Now, I just have to see if I can get the hubs to do this!  

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to steal this at some point. I love that I've gotten to know you even more. Seriously, the loud swallowing makes me want to punch Josh sometimes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it with those husbands? It's like they have no insulation in their jaws! :-)

      Delete
  2. I stole this from another blogger I read and did it in July of this year. You'll have to check it out. (I called it "A-Z Me(d)" due to being Canadian and all that.

    I also run late because of my husband and kids! And loud chewing gets on my nerves which is close to swallowing (why is it always husbands who do this?!?!?).

    I enjoyed getting to know you better. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I remembered reading it, but maybe I didn't. I'll check it out. It actually isn't usually their fault...I just have to blame somebody.

      Yeah, those men can really drive us crazy, huh? ;-) (They'd probably say we were already there. Hehe!)

      Delete
  3. I was so tickled when I got the email notification of your blog comments. I wrote those posts sooooooooooo long ago. It was fun for us to go back and read them. I'll tell you the whole truth- I wrote Michael's for him!

    Your meal sounds so yummy. I'd totally eat that with you. And I agree with the loud swallowing/eating discussion that the ladies have going here. I can't.stand.it when I hear Michael clacking his back teeth together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know you are an inspiration! Haha! And I am sure you know Michael so well, and I could definitely see your humor in there although I am sure Michael is equally as funny. And come on over, and we'll have a lovely meal together! Eddie could even cook the steaks on the grill because those are the best. ;-)

      Delete
  4. I love this idea!! I think it's funny that the chore we hate the most as adults is usually our "chore" as children. Mine is dishes...bleh.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails