Thursday, September 27, 2012

Evan's Second Soccer Game

Last Saturday, our Panthers played their second soccer game of the season.  It seems that the first soccer game was not a fluke, and our players truly had their game on again.  Even little Hankster scored three goals.  His mom and dad were unfortunately unable to stay for the game because they had another engagement, but we took Hankster with us to eat lunch at Chick-fil-a after the game to celebrate.  I also like to call him "Hankapalooza."

Photobucket
My little soccer champ

Photobucket
So determined.

Photobucket
Here comes Hankapalooza!

Photobucket
What a kick!  He even lost his shoe!  

Photobucket
Coach Mike leads a team cheer to start the game. 

Photobucket
Go Panthers!

Photobucket
Evan, Reid, and Olin prepare to start. 
Photobucket
The Panthers have the ball.

Photobucket
Coach Mike instructs son Olin on the strategy.

Photobucket
We played Evan's sweet little pal Daniel's team.  Daniel was in Evan's preschool class last year and just adores Evan.  We really wish we would have put them on the same team.  Daniel may be small, but he was quite a champ out there and scored several goals. 

Photobucket
Evan and Olin head back onto the field after a break. 

Photobucket
He looks ready.

Photobucket
One of Hankapalooza's awesome goals. 

Photobucket
Evan throws the ball in.

Photobucket
I love seeing him in action.

Photobucket
That's my boy!

Photobucket
Like a champ.

Photobucket
Goal! 
Photobucket
There he goes again.

Photobucket
Getting their pep talk from Coach.

Photobucket
Evan's cheering squad.

Photobucket
Our favorite soccer player

Photobucket
Evan and his buddy Hank make a great team.

Photobucket
Good game, blue and orange!

Photobucket
After the game, Evan and Daddy taught Hankster how to play wii.  
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. It's crazy that I can actually feel the excitement in the air when I see those pictures. You're really making me want to sign Spencer up for soccer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally recommend it, Natalie. It helps those wild boys get some of that energy out. Soccer is hard work, and Evan is sweating and exhausted after a game. Of course, he still doesn't want to take a nap, but he's pretty subdued. :-)

      P.S. - I am so indecisive and just can't find a new background that is working. I wanted something for fall, but I don't really think the traditional fall colors work with my scheme and the beach header which I don't want to change. My favorite colors are yellow and blue so I though this one might work...even works in a little trendy chevron detail. Ha!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. He really is looking more like a pro this year...such a big change from last year! I think there is some switch that turns on in little boys' heads between 4 and 5! :-)

      Delete
  3. What fun!! It looks like he loves it!! My youngest was not so into it... his first year he was playing goalie and he was dancin' around doing the dance from the Evolution of Dance. Quite entertaining!! (He had learned it from my hubby & our oldest did part of that dance at her wedding during the father daughter dance, lol!! )
    Enjoy this time!! They grow all to quickly and then it gets serious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Piper, your stories of your days raising your kids always make me smile...and laugh! They also make me excited for the days ahead (although I am also still a little sad to see them grow up so fast). If I could put in a request, could you do more blog entries about these funny memories of yours? I know that's a bit selfish of me, but they really just make me smile and I figure they'll make others too. :-)

      Delete
  4. I am (slightly) envious of your t-shirt and capris. We are totally into sweater, jeans and tights weather here.

    Also I love that you call Evan's friend "Hankapoloosa." I have to find one of Sam's friends I can add "apoloosa" to!

    And we have the same road rug!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails