Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Twas the Night Before Kindergarten

And a sweet little boy is tucked in his bed under Star Wars sheets dreaming of all the fun he is going to have at his new school!  Tomorrow is the big day!  Is Mommy ready?  Um, probably not.  When Mommy arrived home tonight, the boys were bathed and dressed for bed.  Mommy helped Evan lay out his clothes for school, and then she asked him to pick a book to read.  She gave him two choices tonight because she wanted the book to have significance for the occasion.  Mommy had planned to go look for a new book about the first day of kindergarten, but she never had the chance.  His choices were:


or 

I was really pulling for this one, and he usually really likes this book about a silly Moose who goes to school because he can't count out the money he needs to buy some candy.  

But alas, he chose:

Photobucket
Reading a book about all the places Evan will be able to go after he gets an education. 

Photobucket
You know little brother could not be left out.  Don't you just love his little snarl? 

Photobucket
Evan likes to pretend he is scared during one part when the little person is in the "alone" place. 

Photobucket
Yes, Brody is very involved in the reading process.  

Photobucket
The clothes and new shoes.  This is one of his newest outfits, but Mommy is waiting to do the rest of his back to school clothes shopping until we are at the beach with the benefit of an outlet mall. 
We said our prayers and wished him good night!  Sweet dreams, my Evan!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh. I'm so excited for all of you. I can't wait to hear all about it. That is so an outfit that I would buy for Spencer, but of course you already know that.

    I bought Oh the Places You'll Go last year and am having all of Spencer's teachers from now until he graduates from high school right a message to him. It's like a 15 year labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo, I think I might steal that idea, Natalie! I feel like I have photographed him quite a lot lately in that outfit, but he has outgrown a lot of his clothes and I have resisted buying any new clothes because I don't want to settle. Plus, I just haven't had time to shop. Hopefully, this weekend he'll get lots of new stuff.

      Delete
  2. I hope Evan had an amazing day today! I hope mommy wasn't too much of a wreck all day, either. This is just so exciting!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was kind of a mess, but work kept me busy enough that I didn't have time to think about it. I didn't realize how worried I was until I got the message from daddy that he was picked up and said kindergarten was "the best!" Ha!

      Delete
  3. Ohh how sweet! I know he is excited!!! And you are probably not so much. I remember when Kea went to Kindergarten and the principal read "The Kissing Hand" to parents & kinders.... wasn't it enough that he was starting Kindergarten?? I was so emotional that day. He was started kindergarten and my daughter started her Senior Year. I was a basketcase!! So many firsts and so many lasts firsts!! Said a prayer for you as your baby begins school!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much, Piper! I always love your words of "wisdom" and experience. So uplifting!

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails