Friday, July 27, 2012

SUYL: Displaying Our Pictures

Today at Kelly's Korner, they're doing Show Us Your Life:  Displaying Pictures.  This is a perfect link-up for me because I love my family's pictures.  They are quite literally everywhere.  While I don't consider myself a great decorator and just go with what is comfortable for our home for now while our kids are young, I love having pictures of our family hanging all around me.  Here is a little sneak peek into our home and what you will see on the walls:

Photobucket
A big wall in our front/formal living room.  It is supposed to be a formal living space with  high ceilings.  We don't really use it for a formal space yet and it actually serves as an extension to the play area.  The large walls definitely needed something to fill their space.  I love the two square frames showcasing pictures from my two boys' newborn pictures.  The picture in the middle was our first professional photograph of our family of 4 taken at the hospital.

Photobucket
I love this little grouping of 3 photographs, and the frames were a great deal from Michael's.  One each of our two sons' newborn/baby photos and one of them together. 

Photobucket
These are some of our oldest son's school pictures.  I would like to eventually start a large photo gallery wall going up the stairs of all of our kids' school photographs through the years (at least the ones we like).  

Photobucket
Our wonderful professional portrait of our new family of 4.

Photobucket
I love having a few pictures of our extended family showcased on this bookcase in our family room.  I wish we had built-ins on each side of the fireplace for more storage space though. 

Photobucket
I actually want something different on our mantel besides my wedding portrait, but my husband likes it there so for now I allow it to stay.  There are two photo books on either side of more of our sons' professional newborn pictures.  They are amazing!  I also love Evan's little silhouette picture and hope to make or get Brody's done soon.

Photobucket
A little display in the play room of our oldest son's artwork and his last school class picture.  I really want to do a bigger display for more of his artwork. 

Photobucket
This little grouping (I love black frames with black and white pictures) is on our upstairs landing between our two kids' bedrooms.  The large portrait was when our first son was a baby, and the other pictures were from his first "real" trip to the beach. 

Photobucket
A beautiful picture display in our youngest son's nursery.  These are his newborn portraits and a large copy of his birth announcement from the same photographer.

Photobucket
A little photo display in our oldest son's room on his dresser.
Hope you enjoyed the little tour of our home, one picture at a time.   Can you tell I love pictures of my family?  

4 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! I need to start putting some in frames. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! I am a believer in decorating with pictures for sure!

      Delete
  2. Guess what? Similarity #364: we too have a silhouette of Spencer. And I want one of Elliott. Spencer was 3, so I'm going to wait until Elliott is 3 too. Very nice picture displays. I really like the color of that green wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I kind of thought this post might spark another similarity since I knew your love of photos already! Evan was about 2 in his silhouette...we had just happened to run into a guy selling them at a little event here and had it done. I am thinking of trying to make Brody's though. There are some pretty helpful tutorials out there. The green walls weren't actually a choice of ours but they work fine with our stuff for now. That is a big room open ceiling to the second floor so painting it will be a big project. As I mentioned earlier, another similarity is our current living situation...we rent because we have a house we can't sell. I have painted other rooms though (our bedroom and kids' rooms) because I wanted to make those more our own. We've lived here about 3 years so it does need to feel like home. :-)

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails