Thursday, July 19, 2012

Another Award - I feel loved!

Annabelle is another awesome southern chick and Carolina girl (South not North) that I have recently connected with, and guys, she is really awesome!  I would have nominated her on my last Liebster nomination, but I thought she might actually be offended to receive an award from little ol' me.  Haha!  Actually, I just thought she had probably done it before, and from the looks of it, she has.  Check her out (isn't her son Zane the cutest and her hubby quite the hottie?)!

I won't do the full post again since I have already given out my Liebster awards just a few days ago, but here are my answers to her questions:


1.  What is your favorite junk food?

Practically anything chocolate although I like salty snacks a lot too.  I really like to mix the salty with the sweet  chocolate. Like Goobers (chocolate covered peanuts), Wendy's french fries dipped in a chocolate frosty, and the best froyo ever has to be Salted Caramel with chocolate shavings from Pinkberry...that stuff is to die for!


2.  If you could have any house in any location, where would it be and what would it look like?

I'd probably take either a little beachfront cottage (either in NC or SC) or a nice little mountain log cabin with the beautiful craftsman style and whole logs (not those fake cut logs).  My brother's boss used to have cabins in the Cashiers, NC area and that location would be ideal.  



3.  What is your favorite song?
That's an easy one...I'm an 80's rock girl!  I love "my" song by Steve Perry, and it always gets me in the mood to dance and belt out the lyrics at the top of my lungs.  I also love "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor (another 80's hit and the theme song to Rocky), but if that song plays in the car when I'm driving, I tend to get a little heavy on the accelerator!  Haha!



4.  If you knew today was your last day, how would you spend it? (other than telling your family how much you love them and spending time with them)

That's a hard one.  I'd rather not know that it was my last day because then I'd be too devastated to probably get the best out of it, but if I knew my death was imminent and coming very soon, I would probably take my husband and kids and head somewhere fun where we could spend my last remaining days or hours together in a happy place.  Probably the beach since some of our favorite family memories occur there.  If I had more time (like months), we'd be taking some of those once in a lifetime trips around the world...Egypt to see the pyramids, Greece, Rome, Israel (I plan to hit all these places one day on a cruise of the Mediterranean) and a tour of Europe would be just two of the trips we would take.  

5.  Most people love to travel.  Where have you been?

We've been to several states in the United States (our favorites being central and northern California, New York City, and Florida) together as a family, and my husband and I honeymooned in Maui, Hawaii.  We have been planning a trip out of the country for years, but other things have taken priority.  We are planning to go to Cancun, Mexico next year to see this:


The Mayan pyramid at Chichen Itza
  
6.  If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?

I would say my birth, but that's just icky!  Haha!  Maybe I'd go back and see the creation of the world or the first steps on the moon or the building of the pyramids (I'd probably be sickened though by the treatment of the slave labor).  Jesus' birth would be a sweet event to experience too, but I don't think I could take watching his crucifixion.  As you can see, I am an indecisive person. 

7.  What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?

I guess some would say I had to be pretty strong to deliver an 8 and a half pound baby, but I don't really consider that a hard task; it was just a necessary step toward becoming a mom.  I think these days it is trying to remain firm in my beliefs when there is so much hate and intolerance towards people who profess faith in Jesus.  They call Christians the bigots and haters, but they are the ones hating and criticizing and writing hurtful statements on social media sites because we won't change our timeless beliefs to condone their present social and lifestyle choices.  At least, that's what I've witnessed. 

8.  What is your favourite TV show of all time, i.e., you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again, and quote lines from it?

Man, I always have favorite shows, but I can't really think of one particular one that I would quote from.  The main thing I hate these days is that all people seem to care to watch is stupid reality TV crap so great shows only air for one or two seasons and get cancelled.  It is so disappointing.  I miss the days of actual great television shows that you could grow up with.  I grew up on shows like Saved by the Bell, Family Matters (I could probably quote the most from that silly show), Fresh Prince, and many others.  My husband and I got into the Steven Spielberg show "TerraNova" last year but that show was cancelled after only its first teaser season.  It was awesome, but I think it was too big budget for a regular TV series.  It needs to be made for Netflix or HBO or one of those other paid subscriber broadcast channels.  

9.  What's the worst/most embarassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it?

Haha!  I guess I might still own an album by Nsync or Backstreet Boys somewhere.  In all fairness, there is talk of BSB coming back.  

10.  What did you want to be when you were little, and do you think you ever will be?

I guess I was like most little girls and wanted to be a teacher and a mommy.  I changed my mind somewhere along the way of growing up.  I also thought about being a child psychologist because I had to see one as part of my adoption process when I was little.  No, I doubt I'll ever be a teacher or psychologist now, but I may still be called "counselor."  

11.  How do you want to be remembered? 

As the best mother, wife, daughter, sister, and friend that I can be.  I want my children to be blessed with lots of happy memories of our time together, and I don't ever want them to question how much I loved them!



Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Celia! I posted and then had to read and edit so you may have read before the edits. Haha! You might know Annabelle since she is from your neck of the woods! ;-)

      Delete
  2. #3? Eye of the Tiger? Heavy on the accelerator? I laughed out loud. And then laughed out loud again.

    I'm loving reading these posts. It's so interesting to find out these little things about people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could give you a laugh. Haha! Yes, I may have a slight speeding problem although I have slowed down a lot since having kids. :-)

      Delete
  3. Congrats! I haven't had a chance to thank you for giving me the award last week or to post about it or choose who I would give it too. This week has been a full one, and after returning from our weekend mission trip, I have been so full, sad, overwhelmed, etc that I can't seem to put two sentences together to even post!
    Hopefully I will have some time to "sit for a spell" this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I understand that you are busy, Piper! The award is mostly to recognize that someone out there is reading and appreciating what you write. I can't wait to read your answers and learn more about you though!

      Delete
  4. Awesome answers! I am guilty, I love watching Trashy Reality TV. Not sure why, but I do. I too dream of a big log home!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails