Thursday, July 12, 2012

More Summer Fun

We have been trying to enjoy as much outdoor fun as we can tolerate this summer.  We finally got a heat wave in the last couple of weeks so we have been staying cool by hanging out at the pool on the weekends.  Evan loves going to the pool and loves the water, but he is still so cautious and will not give up his arm floats.  He is pretty independent though as long as he has them on.  There are usually some kids at the pool that Evan knows either as neighbors or friends from sports or just from playing at the neighborhood playground.  I love watching him playing with his friends -- it just warms my heart because I was always so painfully shy, and I don't want him to deal with that.  Brody, of course, needs constant supervision, but he loves playing in the little baby pool where he can stand up and can usually be found playing with a car of some sort.

Photobucket
Brody and Daddy playing in the pool.

Photobucket
He loves this float because he likes to feel free to move around.  We still have to hold onto him though because he likes to put his face in the water. 

Photobucket
Look at that silly happy boy.

Photobucket
I think this is a happy face?


Photobucket
Evan practicing his swimming.  

Photobucket
Sweet boy.  

Photobucket
I love that face!

Photobucket
Our little neighbor, Levi, joined us for some pool time.

Photobucket
This is what Brody prefers to do at the pool.

Photobucket
You should hear his little car sounds.  

Photobucket
Cutie.  Daddy did good picking out his swim trunks.

Photobucket
Mommy tried to teach him to ride the waves.  He was actually not impressed.

Photobucket
This baby loves water and loves getting water poured on him.

Photobucket
Lounging on someone's float.

Photobucket
Evan learns to limbo.

Photobucket
Those kids were so flexible.  Made my back hurt just watching them!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you may have some swimmers on your hands. That's too adorable that they were doing the limbo at the pool. Seriously, I honestly can't remember the last time I did the limbo. I'm like you...my back hurts just thinking about that.

    Hopefully this weekend will be relatively nice so we can actually enjoy being outside for a change. Please no more 100 degree days!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's raining here right now! *Sigh* My Great-Grandma and family are here to visit this weekend, and I am super excited and determined to make the best of it!

      Delete
  2. What fun!! And a great way to beat this HEAT!!! The day we went to Carowinds it was only 100!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to tell you just how sweet your are from your last comment about me looking so young. With our children of all ages and the fact we work with Children & Youth Ministry, we pray God keeps us young. My mind tells me I am about 32 most days, but my body tells me otherwise!!
      Enjoy those sweet boys! They grow too fast!

      Delete
    2. It sounds like you are doing a good job of staying young. Keep cool and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. That looks like tons of fun. I LOVE the water & my kids & I usually swim at least 3 times a week during summer. I just hate that I am taking this stupid CNA class, it's interrupting my summer swim time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, school has a way of getting in the way of our fun plans! Hope you can enjoy your weekend and get in some pool time too!

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails