Monday, July 16, 2012

My First Blog Award!





I am so excited to say that I have been nominated for a Leibster Award.  I am so excited and even more excited to nominate some other great bloggers I have met!  My new blog friend, Candi, nominated me.  Check her out because she is such an inspiring person!  

This award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.  Liebster is German and means sweet, kind, lovely, endearing, and welcome.  I definitely know a few bloggers that qualify!

How it works:
  • Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
  • Answer questions that the tagger sets for you and then create 11 questions for the bloggers that you tag.
  • Choose up to 11 bloggers and link them to your post
  • Go to their page and tell them 
  • No tag backs :) - I am tagging you, Candi, but on your other blog because that one is so inspiring!  You don't have to re-post since you've already done the work though!  
  • And lastly, have fun!!

11 Things about me:

I love my husband and children if you haven't already seen from my blog!  
I am a dog person although I do think kittens are cute.  
I don't currently have a dog because mine died almost two years ago, and I miss him terribly!
I love shopping but only buy stuff that is a really good deal.  
I guess I am a little frugal.  Haha!
I love to travel and have so many trips that I have planned to take around the world.  All in good time, my friends, all in good time.  Some other things must come first!
I was adopted (not as a baby) and can literally say I have two moms that I try to keep up with.  
I love children, but I hate when they are whiny or undisciplined and spoiled.  
My children do occasionally whine and might occasionally act spoiled.  They are a work in progress!
I LOVE pictures.  My walls are covered with photographs of my family.  I know that may not be to everyone's decorating taste, but it makes me happy!
I dream of having lots of money, but then I think I don't want that because people with lots of money never seem happy or content with what they have!  I guess I'll just stay "poor" and happy!  


Questions for me:

1. What famous person living or dead would you like to have as your best friend?
Jesus Christ.  Well, He is alive and He is my friend so I guess I have this one.

2. If you could go back in time and change one thing in the world's history what would it be?
Oh my, so many things...the Holocaust, stop slavery before it ever started, the forcing of Native Americans off their lands and away from their homes to make way for European settlers, and just the destruction, war, and death that has occurred in all parts of the world.  I guess I'd just go back to the Garden of Eden and tell Eve not to eat that apple and to tell that evil one to go back to you know where! I mean that really started it all, didn't it?  ;-)

3. What super power would you most want?
I think I'd be Elastigirl (Is that how you spell it?  The mom from the Incredibles.) so I could just wrap my arms around my whole family and keep them safe!

4. What is your favorite home design style?
I'm a pretty traditional decorator.  I don't like super modern design because it looks too hard and not cozy, and I don't like really formal and elegant because it just doesn't look "lived in."  

5. Would you rather be color blind or unable to smell?
Wow, that's a crazy one.  I guess I could deal without the sense of smell since a lot of smells make me nauseous (especially when pregnant), but I'd miss the good smells like warm banana bread or chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven or fresh cut flowers or just fresh air.  But if I was color blind, I'd miss seeing the colors of my children's eyes, my son's beautiful red hair, and the blush on their cheeks when they are happy and excited. 

6. What is one vice/habit that you wish you could give up but you can't?
Biting my finger nails...been doing it forever!  And also speaking before I think.  

7. Beach or Mountains?
Both.  I don't really like the sand at the beach, but I love a good sunrise/sunset over the ocean and all the colors reflected on the waves.  I don't really like the drive up to the mountains because I often get carsickness, but I love the coolness of the mountains, the peace and serenity of the highest peaks, the blueness of our Blue Ridge Mountains, and the beautiful streams and waterfalls.  

8. If you could have the perfect body/looks and all the disposable income you'd ever need in an instant but you knew someone, somewhere in the world that you didn't know had to die, would you do it?
Nope.  I honestly don't think I could live with myself.  Guilt has a way of ruining the best laid plans!  

9.  What is your favorite feature about yourself?
My eyes...since my little boy inherited them!  I actually like that they are green instead of blue because green is less common than blue.  

10.  Do you believe in soul mates?
I do.  I think God puts two people together that He wants to live together forever and be His example on earth of His love for us.  Christ said, "Husbands love your wife as I love the church."  That's a lot, and it's forever!

11.  Would you rather go to the moon or to the bottom of the ocean?
Yikes.  They both actually seem a little scary.  However, I know that the bottom of the ocean is cold and dark, and you are covered by tons and tons of water with all kinds of unknown creatures.    On the moon, you know there is no one else there, and the light from the sun and stars is plentiful, and there is plenty of space around you (no pun intended).  I am a wee bit claustrophobic people!  

Here are my questions:
1.  If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
2.  Who is your best friend in the world and how did you meet him/her?
3.  Did you have a childhood hero, and if so, who was it?
4.  What is your favorite beverage (alcoholic or not)?
5.  If you could have a vacation home in a destination of your choice, where would it be?
6.  What is your dream job?
7.  What is your greatest goal in life?
8.  What is your idea of the perfect date?
9.  If you could buy anything (just one thing though), what would it be?
10.  Would you rather be able to sing or dance if you could only do one really well?
11.  What color do you wear to make yourself feel better?




And here are my nominees:

Candi's Corner - Yes, this is Candi, but it is her other blog that hasn't been nominated yet.  I love it!
Valerie at From Single to Forever - One of my other favorite new bloggers who is so sweet and fun!
Kristen @ Michael+Kristen+Kellan - A sweet college friend and new blogger.  Check her out and give her a warm bloggy welcome!  She's blogging about life as a new mom to the adorable Kellan and about her adventures in making and feeding her baby the most nutritious and healthy meals. Did I mention this girl loves food?  Haha!  Try not to hate on her for being so skinny...she really is a sweetheart!
Natalie @ A Beagle and A Baby - She actually has two baby boys now.  I found her through Valerie, and I love that we have so much in common.  Life twins!  Hehe!
Piper@Mercy Saved Me - Now this fine lady is an inspiration.  I found her through the MOB Society.  She is a mom to four grown or almost grown children and a grandmother.
Amanda @ More than Mediocre - Show some love to this fine young lady.
Crissy@LHOTR - I recently found Crissy who is also a mom of two sweet little boys.  You know I love boys, right?  She also has some pretty inspiring things to share so check her out!
Carrie @ A Dollop of Donley - Another blogger I found that I have a lot in common with.  She's a mom to a sweet little boy and girl.  Our boys share a birthday!
Joye @ Signs of Life - Another sweet blogger and mom to a precious little boy named Ethan.  He is a CHD survivor and what a champ he is!
Sarah @ Fanciful Sojourns - A sweet mom to three precious boys.  We take our jobs raising little men very seriously!  She also has a lot of wisdom on raising a child with autism.
Two Four Five Designs - This sweet little lady is about to pop a baby out and is so cute.  I remember those days of being 41 weeks prego...was it just last year?


8 comments:

  1. First off, I LOVE that I was able to find out more about one of my favorite people! This is such a fun thing.

    Okay, so now I must say a huge thank you!!! I'm sitting here crying about being linked to this. You are so sweet!!!!! Thank you so, so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've never been nominated for anything before! Thank you so much! Are you nominating me on my Fanciful Sojourns blog on creating I just started, or my Hope in Autism blog I've had going for almost a year? How do I nominate people to the award? Just post my answers to questions, creation questions and tag people on my blog? Is there an award website I need to go to in order to nominate? Never done this before; exciting!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just tag people on your blog to "nominate" them! This is another great tool to get to know more bloggers out there who are like you. Either blog, I like them both and find them both inspiring. I think you used the Fanciful Sojourns blog, and that is fine. From what I can tell, the award is being recognized by one of your followers for the hard work you put into your blog and someone else noticing and appreciating it! :-)

      Delete
  3. Your answers crack me up!! It sounds like you are just like me, can't make a decision!! lol Thanks for the nomination. I am going to go ahead & answer your questions on my "regular" blog. Your answers were really great!!

    Blessings,
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I am a horrible decision maker! Don't ever ask me where I want to eat...I take forever to decide! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Ahhh. Thanks for the award! I'll get working on my post right away.

    I loved reading all of your answers. I am totally with you on the ocean vs moon thing. The ocean really freaks me out. I will swim in it and I have gone snorkeling, but there is just something so freaky about all the stuff that lives in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is freaky! You better get on that post...hehe!

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails