Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pumpkin Carving Ideas Needed

Eddie and I have had a tradition of pumpkin carving since the first year we were married.  I actually didn't have pictures of those first couple of years on the computer since they were pre-digital.  I know one year I did an alien face.  I'll have to look those pictures up.  We always try to find something fun to carve.  Eddie likes to be challenged as well.  Since we had Evan, Eddie also likes to carve something pertaining to Evan's interests.  We skipped a few years on the carving while Evan was little (babies and sharp knifes don't really mix that well).  In 2009, we brought back the tradition.  Here are our creations so far:

Photobucket
Eddie's Owl - 2005

Photobucket
My ghost - 2005

Photobucket
My ghost had to say Boo!

Photobucket
My Witch - 2009

Photobucket
Eddie's Smokey Bear - 2009

Photobucket
My haunted house - 2010

Photobucket
Eddie's Wolf (for the Wolfpack) - 2010

Photobucket
My funny mummy - 2011

Photobucket
Eddie's impressive Carolina Panther - 2011
So any ideas on what we can carve this year?  Happy Carving, ya'll!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! You guys are really good carvers. One year we got like 3 or 4 pumpkins and the last one we carved had all of our handprints. I traced our hands straight on to the pumpkin and then cut them out. There was a little paw for Ginger too. It wasn't fancy like all of yours, but people really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, that could be an idea! I had actually thought of just trying to carve our monogram. Maybe I could incorporate that and the handprints for a truly "family-inspired" pumpkin. Thanks for the great idea! :-)

      Delete
  2. I love those! J and I are carving ours tomorrow! I don't know if they will look that good LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they'll be great, Lauren. Can't wait to see them!

      Delete
  3. Those are really great. When I started dating my husband we started this tradition up. And isn't it crazy to think just a few years ago we weren't really in the age of digital cameras and we still have film lying around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right. I have a big box of photo albums from our pre-digital days so I need to look through them. I think pumpkin carving traditions (and traditions of any kind) are great things for bringing families together. :-)

      Delete
  4. Those are some pretty awesome pumpkins. Poor Leaf pales in comparison. Of course he was designed by a three year old! The only interesting pumpkin I've ever done was a mummy. Dave did an actual "Jack" O Lantern once and included all the card suits. It was pretty awesome but I don't have a picture of it.

    And I only got a digital camera in 2004 which is pretty crazy considering I don't even know if you can find film cameras anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails