Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin Carving 2012

Pumpkin carving with little ones makes me sort of nervous.  I mean, generally you are using very sharp tools to cut into a pumpkin.  Of course, we do keep those sharp instruments away from our children and only let them participate in the less risky portions of the project.  Evan really enjoyed helping clean out the pumpkin this year as did Brody.  Evan still refused to really get his hands dirty, but Brody didn't mind a bit!  This year, Eddie and I both decided we didn't want to do anything too complicated.  He and Evan chose a "scary" Grim Reaper face to carve and accomplished the task pretty quickly.  I thought my stylized R and our handprints would be a piece of cake.  Ha!  I really didn't think that one through too well.

Photobucket
The scooping begins. 

Photobucket
Mmmm...yum!

Photobucket
Want some? 

Photobucket
Pumpkin brains. 

Photobucket
Murderer!

Photobucket
Brody loved this stuff.  Yes, he tasted a little.  

Photobucket
Hey, Mommy, let me see that!

Photobucket
He loved digging in. 

Photobucket
Yes, I let my kids sit on the table.  Ha!  

Photobucket
Evan with his and Daddy's Grim Reaper pumpkin. 

Photobucket
And with our family pumpkin.  It only has Evan and Brody's handprints because it took longer than expected, and Daddy felt his handprint would be too big for the pumpkin. 

Photobucket
All lit up. 

Photobucket
Ooooo...scary!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. It's not surprising, because of the parallel lives and all, but we also gutted and carved pumpkins tonight. And my youngest also sat on the table in a diaper. And tried to eat the pumpkin innards. My post will be up momentarily.

    Your hand and "S" pumpkin came out awesome! Much more elegant than the hand one we slapped together last year (or maybe it was the year before. I don't remember now.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It's an R for Reese! :-) And those are Evan and Brody's hands...we thought ours were too big. I had to go to work and school yesterday so we did our carving on Sunday. I don't always blog about the events on the actual day they are done...can't really keep up quite that well. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I thought your pumpkin turned out awesomely! I will have to keep that design in mind for next year. Ours was way too involved this year! And Rachel really wasn't into eating the pumpkin innards -- thankfully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I absolutely LOVE your family pumpkin. Such a fabulous idea! And it cracks me up that Evan didn't want to get his hands dirty. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails