Monday, April 29, 2013

32 Weeks


 photo 32weeks_zpsa19ac39f.jpg


 photo comparison_zpsb77e9c76.jpg
My husband thought I needed a side-by-side comparison to see whether I was "bigger" with Brody or now.  Haha!  

We are officially in the final single digit countdown stages now.  Baby weighs about 4 pounds and is about 16 or 17 inches long although I suspect she is on the shorter side of that one.  She will really be packing on the pounds in the coming weeks as most of her other developments are complete.  She has toenails, fingernails, and some hair which we could see on the ultrasound a couple of weeks ago.  Hopefully, it will be just enough for some hair bows!     

Weight Gain:  I'm not sure, but I'm guessing maybe a little more than 16 pounds now.

Maternity Clothes:  Oh yes!  Dresses and skirts are still the most comfortable.  I just can't keep maternity pants from sliding down.  Ha!     


Sleep: Rough lately because of a cold and congestion combined with pretty intense back and hip pain.
 

Best Moment of this Week:  Being done with law school classes FOREVER and celebrating Brody's birthday today. 


Movement:  
Less active but stronger kicks and punches.  


Food Cravings:  The same...I guess I just don't have time for cravings although when I read about something yummy, I usually end up wanting it.  


Food Aversions:  Nothing really.

What I Miss:  Energy and being able to walk normal!  I feel like I am definitely having to waddle now.  


Gender:  Sweet baby girl to join a house full of boys!


Symptoms: Heartburn and back and hip pain and leg cramps are the primary symptoms. Dizziness and lightheadedness mostly when I wait too long to eat.  

What I'm looking forward to:  Finishing exams, ordering some more stuff for baby, and starting to put Baby Mattie's nursery together. 


Dear Mattie,

We are in the final countdown now.  Only about 2 more months to go before you make your grand appearance.  We have so much to do to get ready for you, but it is so fun preparing for you.  Mommy can't wait to get through with school so she can just concentrate on you and your brothers for a while.  I am a little sad as I type this to you because you will never get to meet your sweet great-grandmother.  She was the last of your great-grandmothers on mommy's side, and I was so glad your brothers both got to meet her.  I know she would have loved to have met you though.  I know she'll love watching over you as you grow up along with your other great-grandmothers.  We just love you so much and can't wait to meet you in about 8 more weeks.  Until then, keep growing!  

Love,
Mommy

 photo namebutton_zps1d38d77c.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Brody! It won't be much longer until you're a family of 5!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you start to sleep a little better now and I'm sorry you still have so many nasty symptoms :( Blah :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute pregnant!!! You know, sometimes I think not being able to sleep while you're pregnant is just God's way of getting you ready to be up at night. I can't believe that she's going to be here so soon. I'm excited for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the side by side comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, this has gone by shockingly fast. I know you didn't put it out there on the blog until way later, but still. It's gone by in a flash!

    Are you still working on the nursery? I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew, yes it has! Where did March and April freaking go? Already almost half the year gone. I just can't wait for things to slow down. Work is crazy, school is crazy but the light is in sight. We'll get to work on the nursery later this month when the craziness subsides a little. I just need a moment to catch my breath. :-)

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails