Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Most Miserable Day

Seriously, yesterday was by far one of the most miserable days.  Pregnant women should not have to deal with sickness.  I had felt weak and tired all week, but I had just chalked it up to the typical pregnancy symptoms in the third trimester.  On Thursday night, I ate a late dinner after skipping classes because of feeling so tired and drained of energy.  I had a doctor's appointment on Friday morning for my lovely blood work and glucose test, but in the early morning hours I awoke from a fitful night's sleep to have to run to the bathroom from a serious case of nausea.  I knew that was not one of my typical symptoms this late in the game, but I thought it still might be due to eating a late and unusually heavy dinner the previous night.  I went back to bed feeling drained and decided to drink some milk to help me sleep.  It seemed to help a little, but I awoke a few hours later to sickness again.  I was beginning to think this was something else.  I could barely stand to raise my head off my pillow or open my eyes from a dizzying headache.  When this feeling didn't pass, I called my doctor's office to reschedule my appointment, and then I let my work know I wouldn't be making it to work.  I still hoped that the feeling would pass though.  I drank some juice and ate some plain toast to see if I could get some energy but that too made me sick.  Needless to say, I ate little all day (poor Mattie) and accomplished nothing but lying in bed most of the day.  Luckily, our nanny came in and took the boys on a fun outing to Monkey Joe's (a local indoor play center with lots of bounce castles) and Chick-fil-a.   Eddie was a champ taking care of me although he started feeling bad himself.  He took care of the kids in the afternoon, and I attempted sitting outside to see if some fresh air would help me feel better.  Then, I attempted to eat a little chicken noodle soup from Panera, and after the family took baths and changed our sheets, we felt a little better at night time.  Thankfully, the nausea has passed, but I am still just feeling a little drained and in need of energy.  The weather is beautiful though so we are all just enjoying the lovely Spring air.  Hoping Spring is finally here to stay!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Being sick is no fun. Being pregnant and sick is definitely the pits. I hope you feel 100% again soon. Praying for better health and more energy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. Yeah sickness is no fun but pregnant women, older adults and kids shouldn't have to deal with it... not that the rest of us healthy young chaps should either! And no I wasn't calling you old. ha!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails