Wednesday, April 17, 2013

30 Weeks

 photo 30weeks_zps579ac2d0.jpg
Taken Sunday, April 14, 2013
We have made it to 30 weeks.  Well, technically, we are a little over 30 weeks now because Mommy has been too busy to post this until now.  I guess we'll be in the single digit countdown after this week.  Next week is Mommy's last week of classes, and it is going to be a crazy busy week.  We have Evan and Brody's birthday party this Saturday.  Just a few more weeks with exams and then Mommy may feel that she can "breathe" again.  Of course, then we'll really have to start getting ready for this little one's arrival.  We have so much to do!  Mattie should weigh almost 3 pounds now as she starts packing on the pounds and should be about 15 inches long (although she is probably still on the short side).  I am definitely feeling like I am waddling now.  Maybe I should just start quacking. Ha!

Weight Gain:  I had gained about 16 pounds at my doctor's appointment last week. 


Maternity Clothes:  Oh yes!  Enjoying wearing more Spring clothes though.  Dresses and skirts are the most comfortable.     


Sleep: Okay, but
 I do still have trouble with a sore back and hips, and the leg cramps are still a pain. 

Best Moment of this Week:  Getting Baby Mattie's bedding in the mail!  

 photo bedding1_zps23a6fe75.jpg
Brody already loved this soft blanket.  


 photo bedding2_zpsbf238b61.jpg
A really sweet baby bedding company that has been around a long time.  And another plus with this well-made bedding...notice the tiny print on this card?  Yes, all of this company's products are Made in the USA.  A nice positive considering so many of our goods come from overseas these days. 
Movement:  Still pretty active as her kicks have gotten stronger.  Some of them can be downright uncomfortable, but I still love them. 

Food Cravings:  I guess I just don't have time for cravings although when I read about something yummy, I usually end up wanting it.  Still have serious heartburn issues, but I asked my doctor for something stronger, and he recommended some over the counter medicines like Zantac or Prilosec.  I have been taking Zantac which does seem to work better and faster than Tums.  


Food Aversions:  Nothing really.

What I Miss:  Energy and being able to walk normal!  I feel like I am definitely having to waddle now.  


Gender:  Sweet baby girl to join a house full of boys - got that final confirmation last week!


Symptoms: Heartburn and back and hip pain and leg cramps are the primary symptoms. Dizziness and lightheadedness mostly when I wait too long to eat.  


What I'm looking forward to:  Being done with school, ordering some more stuff for baby, and starting to put Baby Mattie's nursery together. 


Mattie,

There have been some events recently that have been weighing heavily on my heart and mind this week.  When tragic events occur in our broken world, it makes me fearful as a parent at the world that my children will have to endure.  A world where evil abounds and causes unspeakable tragedy.  But then, out of those tragic events, there is always hope.  Hope in the goodness that binds people together and in our loving creator who shines His light for us in these dark times.  Just as God loves us through the most difficult times, I hope that I can show you love through anything that life brings us.  I love you and your brothers and father more than anything in the world, and I will always be here for you.  

Love always,
Mommy

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. That bedding is so precious. I can't wait to see everything put together and finished. You are due within days of my friend Megan. She's also having a girl. It's going to be so much fun watching these babies join the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see Mattie's nursery all put together. That bedding looks so sweet.

    And your letter to Mattie has me crying.

    I'm praying for you in these last weeks of school and exams Sherry. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bedding is beautiful! I can't wait to see the nursery all put together too! What a sweet letter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great!!! I love Mattie's crib bedding. It is so sweet and delicate. Best wishes as you finish up school!!!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails