Monday, April 1, 2013

28 Weeks

 photo Easter1_zps68931082.jpg
Taken Saturday, March 30, 2013 ~ Yes, I forgot to get a picture by myself on Easter Sunday.  


We have made it to 28 weeks.  Yep, that means we are officially in the 3rd trimester!  Can you believe it is already April?  Only another month of school to go for Mommy and about 3 months to go before we meet this little one.  We have so much to do!  Mattie should weigh over two pounds, and judging by my size, I would say that is probably accurate.  I feel like I may have my own gravitational force right now.  Ha!  Her eyesight is developing, and she may be batting her lashes already.  If she has lashes like her brother's, we may be in trouble.  

Weight Gain:  I don't know, but I feel huge!  


Maternity Clothes:  Oh yes!    


Sleep: Still about the same.  I do still have trouble with a sore back and hips but pillows usually help. I have also been experiencing some leg cramps that are a pain. 


Best Moment of this Week:  Spending Easter with my family, finally getting to use my Valentine's present from my sweet husband for a prenatal massage, and just enjoying feeling all of her sweet movements and kicks although some of those kicks can be pretty hard now.  


Movement:  Lots and lots...especially when I am trying to sit through class at night.  I don't think she likes law school.  


Food Cravings:  I'll eat almost anything, but almost everything gives me heartburn.  Tums are my best friend! 


Food Aversions:  Nothing really.

What I Miss:  Energy and being able to walk normal!  I feel like I am definitely having to waddle now.  


Gender:  Sweet baby girl to join a house full of boys...we are definitely looking forward to getting a final confirmation of this one next week. 


Symptoms: Heartburn and back and hip pain and leg cramps are the primary symptoms.  I do experience some dizziness and headaches and just hope that doesn't mean I have anemia again.  I have been taking an iron supplement which I had hoped would prevent that.   


What I'm looking forward to:  Being done with school, having a 3D/4D ultrasound so we can get that final confirmation that little girl is on the way, ordering some stuff for the nursery, and transitioning the boys into their new shared space. 



Mattie,

These days are passing so quickly as you keep growing and growing.  Although I can't wait for you to get here, I am trying to cherish these special moments with you too.  I can definitely tell you are getting stronger as you make your presence known quite often now.  Keep growing and practice smiling for your "portraits" next week.  Love you, baby girl!

Love,

Mommy

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to get a massage and I love the line "I don't think you like law school!" Ha ha ha :)

    You can make it through this next month Sherry. Sending lots of prayers for energy and motivation your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for always being so encouraging! The massage was nice, but I already need another one. It's been a tough week at work and school!

      Delete
  2. I bet you are so excited to see her little face next week! Sounds like everything is going so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I love to "splurge" on special ultrasound sessions for all our kids so we have those special pictures to treasure forever.

      Delete
  3. I have never heard of a prenatal message. interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is pretty much just like a regular massage, but they take into account your big belly and special "needs" like lying on your side instead of stomach and having lots of pillows for support and added comfort.

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails