Saturday, May 4, 2013

Big Changes!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Well, you may have noticed some big changes to this little blog space.  I had been thinking and planning on how I wanted to update this space and keep this blog going for many years to come.  Privacy was just one of the many concerns I was having, and I just couldn't make up my mind how to proceed.  With the kids getting older, I know I will have to be mindful of their privacy as well.  The first thing I thought was that I should remove any mention of our last name on the blog. Of course, that would mean changing our old website address as well.  I just couldn't decide if I was ready to make the leap to purchasing my own domain name.  I was pretty nervous about how difficult that transition might be.  Thankfully, it actually wasn't too hard (just a few minor headaches in the process) or too costly ($12/year for the registered domain name).  I was able to make these changes last night and this morning so not too bad.  Of course, I also needed to come up with a new website address that would grow with our family and still stay true to the purpose for this blog which is primarily a tool for preserving our family memories.  I decided that since I blog about us all as a family, "our" made more sense than "the."  Plus, I had to find a website address that was available.  The Sweet Life and Our Sweet Life were both taken although technically www.thesweetlife.com is not in use, but someone wants to sell it to you for the bargain price of almost $10K if you want it.  Ha!  Yeah, I passed on that opportunity.  I decided I liked Our Sweet Life better although there is a blog out there using that name as well.  She doesn't blog much though.  I let blogger offer me suggestions and decided on www.oursweetlifeonline.com.  The sweet part of our name has always been a word play of sorts on our last name being that of a famous sweet treat.  Anyway, I haven't changed much in the way of the layout here so hopefully the transition is easy for all, and I will be blogging pretty much in the usual manner.  Hope everyone enjoys the new look for a while...that is until I get an itch to change it.  Good thing I've figured out how to create my own layout and designs, huh?  

 photo namebutton_zps1d38d77c.jpg

6 comments:

  1. The blog looks great! Thanks for the heads up on the changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy! This is not to say that I wouldn't welcome a chance to meet up with awesome blog pals like you. :-)

      Delete
  2. I think about my kids' privacy as well. I don't feel like I want to give them nicknames and I also don't want to refer to them by letters. I do feel that since I have a pretty small readership (!) that I don't need to worry as much. I think if for some reason a ton of people started reading our blog, then I would start to worry a lot more about privacy.

    This is not all to say that I think you are going overboard or anything like that. I am just trying to say that this is something I've thought about as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't want to resort to nicknames either...especially since I print this out for our family's record. I thought this was the easiest way to keep things relatively private...you know just keeping crazy stalkers from being able to just google our names and find out so much about us. Haha! But really, I like the new look and feel and just feel like it still portrays what this blog is all about.

      Delete
    2. And I totally don't mind you knowing more about me and would welcome any opportunity to meet up! :-)

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails