Tuesday, May 28, 2013

36 Weeks & Nursery Sneak Peek

 photo pregnancy1_zps8736e961.jpg
Yes, you get to see this momma in her pajamas, but this is just the most comfortable attire for me right now.  By the time I get ready in the morning, I am too exhausted to take pictures, and by the time I get home, I just want to get as comfortable as possible.  So here I am!  And yes, you get a little peek at the nursery progress.


With just about 4 weeks to go before Mattie's due date, I think Daddy has started nesting.  He was determined to get a lot done on this long holiday weekend.  Mommy also worked on some special projects for Mattie the last couple of weeks, and she thinks they turned out as well as she planned.  Mattie should weigh close to 6 pounds and may be as long as 20 inches.  We hope she continues putting on the pounds (um, ounces) the next few weeks. 

Weight Gain:  I think I'm done with this one.  I'm just big.  Ha!

Maternity Clothes:  Oh yes...and pajamas!  Wearing primarily dresses and skirts for work and enjoying shorts and tanks on the weekends.   


Sleep: About the same.  Still pretty rough because of pretty intense back and hip pain.  I wake up every few hours to change sides.  I haven't had any severe leg cramping lately though so there's some good news.  It is harder to get out of bed though, and I feel like I am so stiff when I get up that I can barely move.  


Best Moment of this Week:  Enjoying coming home earlier every night and just spending quality time with my boys.  We also enjoyed the progress on the nursery although we were all exhausted from the hard work. 


Movement:  
Making Mommy's belly do some weird things now like she's got an alien trying to come out.  Ha! I know that her environment is getting a lot more cramped though.   


Food Cravings:  Ice cream and other cool treats on these much warmer days. 


Food Aversions:  Nothing really although Zantac is my best friend lately.

What I Miss:  Energy! 


Gender:  Sweet baby girl to join a house full of boys!


Symptoms: Heartburn, back and hip pain, and some Braxton Hicks contractions are the primary symptoms.

What I'm looking forward to:  Getting through the next few weeks so we can meet this little one!


And I'd be so mean if I didn't give you a few sneak peeks of the progress although I don't want to reveal too much yet:

 photo pregnancy3_zps514d9032.jpg
Daddy and Evan work on a special project. 

 photo pregnancy2_zps3408f222.jpg
And Evan got to use the staple gun.  Yikes!

 photo pregnancy5_zpscce0d162.jpg
Painting some pink!

 photo pregnancy6_zpsb1f92914.jpg
Hair bows and a sweet bow holder handmade by Mommy, Daddy, and Evan!

 photo pregnancy7_zpsc2b36fb0.jpg
A sweet little chandelier to cast a romantic glow in the room. 

 photo pregnancy8_zps49119e55.jpg
And some bunnies found their way in for a special project. 

 photo pregnancy9_zpsb98ee53b.jpg
A sweet free printable Mommy made online. 

 photo pregnancy10_zpsd5fad89b.jpg
Since we put the new car seat cover on the car seat, Brody's baby has resided in it.  He likes to kiss her goodnight. 

 photo pregnancy11_zps3b82ee68.jpg
And then he tries to sit on her.  Oops!

 photo pregnancy12_zps5c68b741.jpg
Putting her bow back on.  Such a sweet big brother!
 photo namebutton_zps1d38d77c.jpg

14 comments:

  1. I love it! I want that chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great priced one on Amazon, and we needed it especially because it could be hardwired or plug in and our spare bedrooms do not have wired overhead lights. Weird late '80s and early '90s architecture. Ha!

      Delete
  2. You look great! I hang out in my pjs a lot and I'm not even pregnant :) And I love the bow holder and the chandelier and can't wait to see the rest!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I spend a lot of non-pregnancy time in pajamas too when I am at home. :-)

      Delete
  3. Her room is beautiful! Y'all did a great job! Stay comfortable til that sweet girl gets here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we do have a few more "projects" to complete before it is finished, but we like it so far. We don't want to change the crib yet because Brody is still using it for the next couple of weeks until Evan is out of school.

      Delete
  4. I love it all! I am excited to see how it all turns out :) Pink and silver go so well together. You need to pick out your prints, lady! Or, I can do some custom ones for you! You won 2, so we can do whatever you want! And you look great! I never realized how much Brody looks like you, but in that one picture up there, y'all could be twins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Brody is soooo cute! This nursery is precious too! You're lookin great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! You are being too nice about me though. Haha!

      Delete
  6. Mattie's room looks amazing!!! It won't be much longer until she's here. I always felt like the last few weeks lasted the longest. ha! I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the last weeks of pregnancy are always soooooo long, especially since I always go over my due date. *Sigh* Then, it's like time speeds up once baby gets here. :-(

      Delete
  7. The bow holder and the chandelier......I could just die. Seriously. So cute. I want more info on what those bunnies are though. I love your bunny obsession.

    I never made it to 36 weeks with either of my babies. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I would say that you are lucky, but I know better. But still, going over your due date every time is no fun either. *Sigh* I would just once like to maybe go on my own without having to be induced. Plus, the doctor says I am measuring like two weeks ahead so you can imagine that means I am pretty large. You can't tell what the bunnies are attached too? I didn't think the shot was that tricky, but you'll see soon. Just imagine me sitting there and hand cutting around 48 little card stock bunnies...labor of love! :-)

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails