Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sometimes and Always #1


I don't usually blog a lot about my personal feelings, hopes, dreams, and desires.  I have primarily used my blog as a memory preservation tool.  I blog about our life events so that I can preserve those memories and pictures for our children.  However, I want my children to know me better as a person.  I want them to read my words someday and understand who I was and what my life was all about.  If anyone else cares to read these words, then I am grateful.  However, I'll be attempting to do this for me and for my legacy to my children.  In an effort to blog more about myself, I have decided to hop on this bandwagon and do the Sometimes and Always weekly posts.  Here goes:

Sometimes - I am weary and tired of this crazy busy life I lead as a wife, mother, full-time legal assistant, and law student.  
Always - I am so thankful for all of these opportunities and wouldn't trade my life for anything!

Sometimes - I want to pack up everything we own and move far away and start over in a new and exciting place.  Am I yearning for more adventure in my life?
Always - I am so thankful I live in a wonderful city and state where my children can grow up close to their family.  

Sometimes - I think maybe God has not heard my pleas and cries for help when I feel I have gone through a "crisis."  
Always - I know God has and will continue to be there for me and my family.  He has blessed us so much through the years, and when I look back, I know there is no way short of a miracle we'd be where we are today without Him!  

Sometimes - I am so scared about our future raising two boys.  
Always - I know that although I cannot see the future and only see uncertainties, God knows the future and would not have brought us this far without a reason and a purpose.  

Sometimes - I feel so overwhelmed with everything I *need* to be doing.
Always - I find joy in just cuddling on the couch with my boys and watching our favorite shows on TV.  

Sometimes - I feel disappointed when my parents can't be there for some of our big life events.
Always - I feel blessed to have my parents in my life and for all that God did to bring us together.  

Sometimes - I feel insecure when I look at things other people are doing around me.
Always - I remember that God has placed me where I am for a reason, and I am so blessed to be here.

Sometimes - I can't believe I have managed to stay married to my husband this long.  I mean, seriously, how has he put up with me this long?
Always - I am so thankful that we have stuck together through the good times and the bad.  In 2 days, we will celebrate the ninth year of our marriage!  Happy Anniversary to my one and only!

I'll try to remember to be back next week for more Sometimes and Always so that I can remember to share more about who I am!


5 comments:

  1. This reminded me of a friend I had who passed a few months ago from cancer. While he was sick he was speaking to a few other friends and said, "And God just brought up all these old prayers and said, 'See? I remembered these. It wasn't time then. It's time now." When we feel like God hasn't heard us, He does. He just does things in His own time! :)

    I hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad you decided to give us all a peak into your head a little more. I definitely can relate to everything you're saying. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my feelings.

    This was a really, really good post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Alyssa and Valerie! Alyssa, that is a beautiful example. My pastor says that one of the most common words spoken in heaven is "Oh!" Like "Oh, I get it now." I don't often see the "purpose" in any one event in my life, but I can definitely look back at my past and see God's work as he has brought me through so much to get me here.

    Valerie, I am glad you read. It is nice to read words from someone else that let you see that they have some of the same "issues" and concerns as you. Really, I think most people suffer through these same anxieties at some point in their lives. I know you are going through some anxiety with the news of your new addition, but as a parent of 2, trust me...you'll love number 2 just as much as Oliver. Oliver will be so happy to have a little brother or sister to grow up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep working hard and try to enjoy the little moments. Make every moment count. It is tough being a mother and then adding other responsibilities pushes it over the top! I am your newest follower. Check out my post if you get a chance. Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. What Alyssa said is perfect. I think it's important to just remember that we aren't promised one more day, so make sure that every day counts, with your family. They are the most important!!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails