Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dear Husband,

9 years!  Seriously?  How can it be?  I thought we just said "I do" last week or something.  Wow!  How much has changed?  How much hasn't?  Somehow, you still manage to give me butterflies and make me feel so special like you did on our first date when you picked me up at school with that rose lying in the seat of the car.  Today, it was sticky notes...lots of them.  All over the inside of the car.  Haha!  What a sense of humor!  They were sweet messages wishing me "Happy Anniversary" and telling me you loved me and other things that were more private.  You were on yet another selfless task to put gas in the car for our nanny to drive our kids around.  You are such a wonderful daddy.  Our kids are so lucky.  I am so lucky.  The card you gave me said you looked forward to 90 more years.  Haha!  We'll be pretty old then I guess, but I'm sure I'll still love you just as much even though you may be wrinkled, toothless, hairless and probably wearing a diaper.  You'll defy the rules at our nursing home to come into my room and lay beside me at night (like my favorite love story).  If I had dementia, I'm sure you'd read to me from our blog books the story of our life together so I'll come back to you and remember.  

Wow, 9 years!  Yes, I'm still a little shocked!  

Photobucket

This was us then.  So in love.  So full of the dreams of a young couple with so little experience in the real world.  I was a young, naive 22 year old just graduated from college.  You were just starting out in your career.  We had so little to start on...and already in debt from college loans.  Haha!  Watching you grow in love for me, our little family...that's our love story!  And it's pretty spectacular if you ask me!   It's not perfect.  I guess that's what makes it so beautiful.  Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

This is one of those moments...

Photobucket


And this one...

Photobucket


And this one...

Photobucket


Yep, I'll take that Happily Ever After with you!

Love Always and Forever,

Your Wife

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That's such a big milestone. What a wonderful family y'all have created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Valerie! Not a perfect life, but in your words, perfect for us! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails