Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mattie Claire ~ 4 Months

Dear Mattie,

Happy 4 month birthday, baby girl!  As you celebrate your 4th month in heaven, we just want you to know that you have not been forgotten, and you never will be.  You will continue to live on in our hearts.  We've had a busy month filled with good times and sad times missing you.  We've accomplished a lot of the fun fall traditions we have come to love doing with your brothers, and you were always with us in our hearts during each and every memory.  No, it isn't the same to us, but it is the best we can do under the circumstances.  We know you are enjoying every day in your heavenly home as you watch over us all.  We just love you so much, and in our weakness, we do long to have you here with us.  We are very thankful to have one another to help us through our saddest moments, and we know God is helping us too.

So if you were here today, you may look like:

 photo Evan4month.jpg
Big Brother Evan ~ Yes, you may even be sucking your thumb like Evan!

 photo Week16.jpg
Big Brother Brody ~ And if you were like this chunky monkey, you would weigh close to 16 lbs. already!  
This month, we were very honored to remember you on October 15th for Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day (the entire month is actually recognized but October 15th is a special day).

 photo Mattie4_zps9e71a1d5.jpg
Daddy had candles lit for you when Mommy got home from work.  He's such a wonderful daddy! 

 photo Mattie5_zpsb71e0c6d.jpg
Evan says the 3 candles represent him, Brody, and Mattie. 
 photo Mattie8_zpse20f701a.jpg
My sweet blog friend, Lauren, honored Mattie and other lost babies with a special balloon release.  Hopefully, we can plan to do something next year to help honor all of our lost babies!
 photo Mattie1jpg_zps84e1e097.jpg
I got to finish my birthday, Mattie, anniversary present with charms for Evan (the little boy), Brody (the little teddy bear), and Mattie (with her name and birth year on it).  

And as tradition, if you were with us this month, you may have worn the following little outfits on our special outings:

 photo Mattie2_zps0367a93c.jpg
This is actually a very special outfit.  As soon as I found out you were a girl, I had to buy something pink for you to wear.  I had my eye on this little pink sweater since I first saw it at Janie and Jack.  I had prayed it wouldn't be sold out before I could get my hands on it for you.  Janie and Jack puts out several lines of clothes every season, and once they sell out, you can't purchase them anymore.  This little sweater was sold out in the store by the time we found out you were a girl, but your sweet daddy ordered it for you online. 

 photo Mattie3_zpsdb0c6e55.jpg
I just loved how soft and snuggly it was, and these adorable little bunnies sealed the deal! 
 photo Mattie6_zps426bafe1.jpg
This little pumpkin dress would definitely have been the perfect option for our trip to the pumpkin patch! 

 photo Mattie7_zpsfbeec395.jpg
And this little pumpkin shirt would have been great with your first pair of blue jeans! 
 photo Mattie9_zpsfd4e3157.jpg
Of course, we would have enjoyed dressing you up for Halloween with your brothers.  Since they have insisted on being a cop and escaped convict, we think you would have been an adorable little bunny rabbit.  

We love you to the moon and back, little princess!  May you have a wonderful 4 month birthday in heaven!

Love,

Mommy, Daddy, and big brothers

 photo nametab_zps32a557cc.jpg

14 comments:

  1. Hugs and kisses from your Daddy beautiful baby girl. I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers today and always! The charm bracelet is so sweet. It's such a great way to carry all 3 children with you. I'm sure Mattie would look adorable in her pink bunny outfit. I love the other clothes you have picked out for her too. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet it is to read your remembrance of your sweet baby girl. I cannot imagine your heart, but God knows, even better than you know yourself. My prayer for you today is that God will give you peace beyond any that you have ever had or needed. Praise the Lord for you sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo sweet. You did make me cry but it was sweet tears if those exist! How ever did you get her name etched on that stone. perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pandora did it. I didn't know they did engraving either. It is one of their murano glass bead charms in pink. That was all my husband and the sales lady's idea. :-)

      Delete
    2. Love your heartfelt letters to Mattie each month. They touch my heart. She is truly an angel watching over each of us. Mattie Claire will always be in our hearts. Love to all....

      Delete
  5. Sending you love my friend. Your strength and courage inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's so beautiful! I shared your story with a friend today.... she lost her baby at 32 weeks. I'm so sorry :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking about you guys all day, as I always do on the 30th. Your love letters to Mattie every month are such a sweet testament of your enduring love. I know that you use the blog as a way to have a record of things, but I hope that you are printing these out and keeping them somewhere all together.

    The little pink sweater outfit with the bunnies is incredibly sweet. Mattie would have been precious in it. Oh, and that little onesie that Evan is wearing.....Spencer had the same one. I now feel like I must find a picture of him wearing it for a Evan/Spencer in 2007 comparison picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to add that engraving Mattie's name and birth month and year of the Pandora charms was my sole idea. The Pandora sales lady didn't even know they could do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got them to think outside the box. That engraved stone is beautiful Eddie.

      Delete
  9. Sherry, I'm sorry it has taken me so long to comment on this. For some reason it didn't show up in my Blogger feed until yesterday. I was thinking about you all day on Wednesday though. I am so sorry that this is the way you need to mark Mattie's monthly birthdays but I am honoured that you still choose to share her with us in this way.

    I love the story of that bunny sweater. And the clothes you shared this month are just adorable. Sending you lots of love and hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails