Saturday, October 5, 2013

Brody's 1st Weeks in the Two Year Old Class

We finally got our first glimpse of Brody's progress in the two year old room.  His teachers have told us he is doing great and, of course, he is very sweet and cute.  He is recognizing and remembering his little friends now.  Just last weekend, he saw his friend, Sierra, with her parents at a restaurant and went up to her smiling and waving and pointing her out to daddy.  His teachers just posted some pictures of the class this week, and when I showed them to Brody and asked him who the kids were, he would correctly point to the kids or nod his head if I asked him who they were by name.  He did try to say some of their names.  He has really been loving school so much, and when he is dropped off, he happily climbs out of the car and waves goodbye.  Usually, daddy drops him off at school, but one day last week daddy couldn't do so and I had to take him.  He was happy to get out of the car at first to go into school, but I guess he got a little sad about leaving me at the last minute and did try to come back.  Mostly, he has learned to love school and knows he will get to go home after just a few hours.  He goes to school from 9:00 to 12:30 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  His schedule goes a little something like this:

9:00 - 9:30 - Arrival and Free Play
9:30 - 10:00 - Story Time
10:00 - 10:40 - Art and Free Play
10:40 - 11:00 - Circle Time and songs and games
11:00 - 11:30 - Outside
11:30 - 12:00 - Lunch
12:00 - 12:20 - Songs/Movement
12:20 - 12:30 - Dismissal (getting their bags and walking up to the front of the school for pick up)

His teachers do prepare a "curriculum" every week with songs, games, art projects, and activities revolving around the curriculum.  In September, they spent a lot of time learning about bears and bubbles.  He also has special activities, such as My Gym, Music, Storytellers, and going to chapel (he attends a church preschool).  His teacher's newsletter described some of the fun that was had like catching bubbles with bear sticks, making jello with bubbles, blowing bubbles in chocolate milk, helping the bear find "bear food" hidden in the classroom and enjoying a little picnic, reading "The Very Hungry Bear" and then eating strawberries before the hungry bear could find them, and learning the nursery rhyme "An Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe."  He also learned the song "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear" with the motions, and he showed me this one at home (which I caught on video).  I am just so excited about all the fun Brody is having this year!  Apparently, his big brother is jealous because when I told big brother that Brody had My Gym one day, big brother said, "Awe, I want to do that again!"  He really misses his old preschool!

 photo preschool1_zps0a7f7b9c.jpg
Sweet picture of our preschooler. 

 photo preschool4_zpsad23e8c1.jpg
Putting together a puzzle while talking on the phone...he's a multi-tasker! 

 photo preschool2_zps90c9f5c3.jpg
Lining up to go inside. 

 photo preschool7_zps36b7efe4.jpg
They were supposed to be blowing bubbles in their chocolate milk, but I'm pretty sure Brody just drank his quickly.  He loves to drink...and we've been paying the price for that one at night as he soaks through his diapers almost every night!

 photo preschool5_zps38715bc7.jpg
Making an art project.  I think this may have been apple art. 

 photo preschool3_zps88154b95.jpg
Someone is tired while coloring. 

 photo preschool6_zpsf13e07e1.jpg
All of his class sitting together having a snack. 




 photo nametab_zps32a557cc.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Our little guy is a drinker too. I'm glad though. I am that way, and I think it's what has helped keep me thin for so long. I'll sit down for dinner and drink three glasses of milk and only take a few bites of my meal...lol!

    Hope y'all have a great weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Could he be any cuter? I love the first picture of him. ADORABLE!!! It looks like he goes to a great preschool. Addi's goes to a church preschool too. I love how they are with the kids. I giggled out loud when I read that Brody drank all his chocolate milk. That's just too much temptation for a milk lover. ha! I really enjoyed watching him to the Teddy Bear dance too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! We got to hear your voice!!! I loved watching Brody on that video :) What a sweetie!

    And Rachel pees through her diaper almost every night and we even have special super-absorbent night diapers just for her. sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails