Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Remembering Our Babies ~ Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day!

I hope you will oblige us just this one day if we ask for everyone to help us remember our little ones who left us too soon.  No matter what stage a child is lost, it makes a tremendous impact on a family.  When still in the womb, a baby is hopefully expected and longed for and planned for so when the baby is lost, all of those hopes, dreams, and plans are also lost.  The family must learn to change their plans for the rest of their lives and somehow go on without their little one.  I don't know what more I will be able to do in the future to help other parents out there who have suffered through this great loss, but I do know that I am going to try to do my best to offer support and love whenever I can.  My sweet friend, Lauren, is doing a balloon release in her area to show her love for her little Hope and to show her support to other parents.  She sweetly offered to put our Mattie's name on a balloon as well.  I would really appreciate your visiting Lauren's blog and showing her your love and support today.  She is doing amazing work in her area to help others cope with their grief as she is still coping with her own.  She did an amazing interview for her local news station about this special day of remembrance as well.  For this year, I definitely plan for us to light a candle in honor and memory of our sweet Mattie and all of those babies who left their families too soon.  I hope you will do the same for us!

 photo infantloss1_zps62ae8fb4.jpg


 photo infantloss3_zpsd6581fe5.jpg
1 in 4 women in this country will suffer the loss of a child so chances are pretty good you know at least one person who has suffered from this loss.  Please show them your support today.

 photo infantloss2_zps5f77576d.jpg


 photo infantloss4_zpsc9aa797f.jpg


 photo infantloss5_zpsad6835f1.jpg
I found this picture on Pinterest, and it just seemed so powerful. 

 photo infantloss8_zpsaae7face.jpg


 photo infantloss6_zps8c328c5d.jpg




 photo infantloss7_zpsea9b3993.jpg

And I'll leave you with this beautiful new song by one of my favorite Christian singer/songwriters, Steven Curtis Chapman.  Steven and his wife lost their little girl in a tragic accident in 2008, and this and many of his songs reflect their feelings of grief.




Thank you for showing your support!  Love you, friends!

 photo nametab_zps32a557cc.jpg

6 comments:

  1. We will light a candle, we will raise up prayers, we will list some things that she would be doing right now if she were still with us. We love you Mattie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me so much! Remembering today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sherry, you made me cry! Thank you for your sweet words. It was my honor to release a balloon for Mattie. J is working on the pics and I will be emailing you by tomorrow hopefully. I pray that yesterday brought a little piece of peace and healing as your honored your baby girl. Hugs my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that first comment got me and I was already crying. You and your family are soooooooo strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think of you every day Sherry. I think about Mattie and I can't imagine how much you must miss her. I am so sorry you are going through this trial. I really pray that you continue to have the courage and grace to walk this path, as you have done thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry that I read this too late to release a balloon for Mattie on the day. I have been lighting my candles every night, though, and every night when I light the little one I think about your baby girl and offer a prayer for her and you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails