Monday, September 16, 2013

The Big 33!

Well, I don't know how big it is, but as of September 5th, I am 33.  I don't really like big birthday celebrations for myself or for people to make a big deal out of my birthday, but my husband always does a good job of just making me feel loved extra special on that day.  This year (after consulting with my blog twin, Natalie), I decided that although we couldn't celebrate together since we live on opposite sides of the country, we could still celebrate in the same way so we decided to have dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.  I wasn't that excited about the food, but I was definitely ready for a big yummy slice of cheesecake.  I met Eddie and the boys, Eddie's mom, and my brother and his family after work.  When it came time to order my cake, I decided to live it up and have the extra rich Godiva chocolate cheesecake.  And yes, it was divine!  After dinner, it was getting late for a work/school night so we got the boys home, bathed, and headed to bed.  I had to wait until Wednesday, September 11th for the rest of the celebration.  My brother and his wife bought my ticket to see Maroon 5 in concert for my birthday present.  We all felt a little younger that night although I felt a little older the next day when I had to get up early for work.  Ha!  And yes, you might say I had two yummy treats for my birthday...Godiva chocolate cheesecake and Adam Levine.  Hehe!

*Note - I failed to capture any of my birthday with our actual camera, but I did capture a few less than stellar shots with the camera phone.

 photo birthday3_zpsea35861d.jpg
My yummy birthday cake.  I ate about half that night and saved half for later.  It was actually even better when I ate it a couple of days later. 

 photo birthday2_zpsec87472e.jpg
I tolerated being sang to in a restaurant just so I could have a special piece of cake with a candle. 

 photo birthday10_zps90a41e87.jpg
My sweet husband gave me this Pandora bracelet for my birthday with a special guardian angel charm for our little guardian angel.  He also ordered a charm with her name on it that hasn't arrived yet.  Now I have to pick out charms for the boys.  

 photo birthday1_zpsbd8ada81.jpg
My date for the concert.  

 photo birthday8_zpsdb59a2c3.jpg
Double date with my brother and sister-in-law.  Jessica was blinded by the bright flash from my phone. 

 photo birthday4_zps4064359a.jpg
I know you can't hardly tell, but Kelly Clarkson was on before Maroon 5.  She did a good job and was also quite funny. 

 photo birthday5_zps4671372e.jpg
It's Maroon 5 time! 

 photo birthday6_zps270e4b1e.jpg
Adam Levine...yum!  He can sing "Love Somebody" to me anytime.  :-) 

 photo birthday7_zpscea17bc9.jpg
Wish the pictures were better. 

 photo birthday9_zps184725bd.jpg
Of course, he had to be shirtless for "Moves Like Jagger."  Haha! 

So for some reason, I suspect my next 33 years will go a lot faster than my last 33.  Sigh.

 photo nametab_zps32a557cc.jpg

11 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Sherry! Eddie did a great job! That cake looks yummy! I've never been to the Cheesecake Factory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annabelle! We definitely need to make a date to go to Cheesecake Factory and some good shopping at Southpark Mall too! :-)

      Delete
  2. That looks like a great birthday celebration. I love cheesecake but I don't know that I could tolerate being sung to in a restaurant for it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you don't have to be sung to for the cheesecake...just for them to decorate it and put a candle on it. Haha! Have you ever been to a Cheesecake Factory? They have good food, but the cheesecakes are to die for! :-)

      Delete
  3. Late happy birthday! I'd love to eat that cheesecake right about now. Good choice! And to see them in concert, great! Sounds like a great way to bring in your next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a nice little birthday celebration! Loved the cheesecake and Adam Levine! :-)

      Delete
  4. Once again, Happy Birthday Birthday Twin! I didn't have candles and singing with mine because we got our dessert to go and I ate it at home in 3 different sittings. Ha!

    I love that Pandora bracelet. What a sweetie hubby you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I loved eating my left over cake at home on the couch even better than in the restaurant. Yes, Eddie is just full of surprises! Ha!

      Delete
  5. How is it possible you have the same birthday as Natalie? Good thing we don't all live closer or I would have to be jealous! Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know, it is so weird how many things we have in common. Last year, when I first found her blog, I kept reading going "What???" over and over again. It was kind of freaky actually! :-)

      Delete
  6. Happy late birthday! What a fun way to spend your day! I' turn 33 in November!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails