Monday, September 2, 2013

Special Prayer Request!

 photo beach130_zps4ac7a6c6.jpg
Papa James and Grandma (Rowena)

See the man in the photo above?  He's known as Papa James here.  He is about the closest thing to a grandfather my boys know.  He is pretty much the only father figure my husband has had since he was in high school.  He has been a very important part of our lives since Eddie and I got together.  He's been there for us at our wedding, our children's births, and other special occasions.  He's a wonderful father and grandfather to his own children and grandchildren.  He'd probably hate it if he knew I put this on here so don't tell him if you do know him (Cecilia, you are probably the only one who reads this who does know him.).  I have some prayer warriors here so I know I can trust you with this request.  Papa James has been having some serious health concerns lately.  He feels very tired a lot and has terrible headaches and pain.  His doctors couldn't determine the cause of his symptoms so they ordered a full body MRI.  The MRI showed something in the area of his pancreas so they did a more focused MRI.  Yes, it showed a mass so they ordered a biopsy.  The biopsy came back this week while Papa James and Grandma were staying with us to help us with childcare until we can find a suitable nanny.  Papa James got a call from his doctor on Friday, and the mass is cancer.  They will be operating very soon, and I think he is being sent to Duke so he'll have about the best medical care in the world.  We pray that the doctors will be able to get all the cancer and that it has not spread anywhere else.  Our family has been through a lot this year, and my children and family do not need to suffer any more loss.  This would be a tremendous loss to Eddie's mother as he has been so supportive to her through the years.  We thank you all for taking a few minutes to say a prayer for us and Papa James.  

 photo namebutton_zps1d38d77c.jpg

10 comments:

  1. Sending your whole family strength and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this difficult news. Of course all of you will be in my prayers. Hopefully you will have more answers soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie! Something I can't post on Facebook for his sake, but I knew I could count on ya'll!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracy! I always know I can count on you!

      Delete
  4. I am praying for Papa James, Sherry. I pray the doctors are able to remove all his cancer, that it hasn't spread, and that he experiences a full healing here on earth. Sending love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails