Monday, June 24, 2013

40 Weeks & Still Waiting!

 photo 40weeks_zps7aa36f95.jpg
Picture Taken Friday, June 21, 2013 for our 10 year anniversary
Yes, we officially made it to our due date, and it looks like it will pass us by without the arrival of our little one.  All of my babies must just find it very cozy as none of them want to come out on their own.  We are hoping for good news tomorrow at Mommy's doctor appointment.  We are scheduled to have an ultrasound and an NST to see if we can schedule an induction for medical reasons.  Since I have been measuring bigger the last few weeks, I am hoping they can induce sooner rather than later.  We just want to get on with enjoying our summer as a family of 5!

Weight Gain:  Just big.  *Sigh*

Maternity Clothes:  A few still fit. 


Sleep: I have actually rested pretty well the last few nights surprisingly.  While the back and hip pain can still be rough, I am coping pretty well at night...probably because I am just so tired and in need of sleep.  

Best Moment of this Week:  Finishing Baby Mattie's room; going out to dinner and a movie with my husband for our 10 year anniversary; getting a manicure/pedicure and having lunch today with my sister-in-law (we were both in desperate need of some time without the kids).  


Movement:  She still moves and shifts around, but she doesn't have much room for big kicks.  I have been feeling some more intense contractions (Braxton Hicks or pre-labor?) the last few days.  

Food Cravings:  Well, thanks to a commercial tonight, I would really like some Sonic.  I also have been wanting lots of red meat lately (steak, burgers, etc.) so I assume that is my body's way of keeping my iron up. 


Food Aversions:  Nothing really although Zantac is still my best friend.

What I Miss:  Being able to move freely without waddling and feeling lots of back pain. 


Gender:  Sweet baby girl to join a house full of boys!


Symptoms: Heartburn, back and hip pain, and Braxton Hicks/pre-labor contractions are the primary symptoms.  

What I'm looking forward to:  Seeing what the doctor says tomorrow!  Fingers and toes crossed! 


Dear Mattie:

We are so ready for you now!  We really want you to get here so you can meet your family.  Your cousins are going to be heading to the beach this week so you need to arrive before they leave.  Come on out and join the party.  We are going to have so much fun!    We all love you and can't wait to finally meet you!  

Love,

Mommy, Daddy, and big brothers

 photo namebutton_zps1d38d77c.jpg

11 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed that she joins you soon. My friend Megan is being induced in the morning (the 25th). I will laugh so hard if you both deliver baby girls on the same day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, no fear of laughing too much...it isn't looking promising. Is Megan being induced for any medical reasons or is her doctor just kinder in that regard? Mine doesn't like to schedule inductions and now insist on waiting until 41 weeks. We are scheduled for Monday, July 1st if we can't get her to come on her own before then. I am going to work on that in the meantime, but I am not very hopeful. :-(

      Delete
  2. I hope you get some answers at your appointment today. I know another woman who is having her baby today so maybe you Mattie and Natalie's friend Megan could all have baby girls today :) Don't worry Sherry -- Mattie will be here soon! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been great, Natasha, but no such luck. It looks like we may have a July baby after all. *Sigh* I am going to do everything I can to get her to come on her own, but I am not too hopeful.

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for you! She'll be here so soon and we won't remember what life was like before she was here. I'm praying for a smooth and safe delivery!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracy! I expect a smooth and safe delivery, but I'm just not sure how soon that will be. My doctor wouldn't schedule anything before 41 weeks so we are scheduled to go in on Monday, July 1st if nothing happens before then. We'll see what happens between now and then.

      Delete
  4. OMG, I'm so excited for you and wow, where has the time gone?!?! seriously!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the time did go fast until the last couple of weeks which have seemed to slow way down. I am pretty sure it will start going fast again once baby arrives...that's just the way it goes!

      Delete
  5. I actually woke up this morning thinking of you and Baby Mattie! I hope that she makes her presence soon! I can't wait to see her photots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annabelle! Well, we aren't sure if we are getting a June or a July baby now. Doctor wouldn't schedule before 41 weeks so we are set to go in for induction on Monday, July 1st if nothing happens before then.

      Delete
  6. You are such a trooper, Sherry! I am obsessed with the room, and you know I love the name :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails