Wednesday, June 12, 2013

38 Weeks

 photo 38weeks_zps1fce3413.jpg
Picture taken Sunday, June 9, 2013
With just about 2 weeks to go before Mattie's due date (from my history, I am not expecting to go into labor before or even on my due date so I am sure we'll have at least 2 more full weeks before Mattie arrives), we are all getting very excited to meet this little one.  With only a couple more touches to add to the nursery, we are about as ready as we'll be.  I washed all the clothes and bedding last weekend except for the things we got this week from Mommy's co-workers.  Mattie should weigh over 6 pounds and may be over 20 inches long.  My doctor predicts she'll weigh closer to Brody's weight (8 lbs. 9 oz.) than Evan's (6 lbs. 4 oz.) judging by my measurements so we'll see.  I would be okay with somewhere in the middle.  

Weight Gain:  Just big.  *Sigh*

Maternity Clothes:  Barely...even some of those are getting tight and shirts are getting shorter.  


Sleep: I wish I could sleep all the time, but it really isn't restful since I wake up with intense back and hip pain and have to constantly switch sides.  I just feel like I am so stiff when I get up that I can barely move.  

Best Moment of this Week:  Getting some new things for Baby Mattie including cute blankets, gowns and sleepers, onesies, and a cute new owl silky (Brody's favorite). 

 photo gifts_zps9ab764a5.jpg
Shower gifts!
Movement:   Making Mommy's belly do some weird things now like she's got an alien trying to come out.  Ha! I know that her environment is getting a lot more cramped though.   

Food Cravings:  Last week, I saw an advertisement for Dairy Queen's new smores blizzard and just had to have one (never underestimate the power of advertising).  I enjoyed about half of it before it just became too sweet.  That is generally the way I always feel about Dairy Queen.  


Food Aversions:  Nothing really although Zantac is my best friend lately.

What I Miss:  Energy...I've definitely been running low! 


Gender:  Sweet baby girl to join a house full of boys!


Symptoms: Heartburn, back and hip pain, and some Braxton Hicks contractions are the primary symptoms.  I went to the doctor last Friday for a check and still no real progress.  

What I'm looking forward to:  Getting through the next week of work (probably my last) and then seeing what the doctor says on my due date!


Dear Mattie:

We are so close to meeting!  I can't believe it.  It really has gone pretty fast, and I know you must be running out of room in there.  We will welcome you anytime you feel ready to make your entrance although I'd prefer no "surprises" while I am at work or in public.  Haha!  We love you and can't wait to finally meet you!  

Love,

Mommy, Daddy, and big brothers

 photo namebutton_zps1d38d77c.jpg

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! I can't believe she'll be here so soon. Little girls are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're almost there Sherry. Hang in there and I hope she arrives soon. Monday would be a great day for Mattie to join us out here. Just sayin'... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny- I saw the same commercial and have been craving one of those blizzards. I'm doing a Whole 30 (google it if you don't know what it is) though, so no sugar for me.

    My friend Megan will be 38 weeks tomorrow. I'm excited to see which one of you will deliver first. If I was betting I'd put my money on her, but you never know. You're both having girls too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails