Tuesday, November 6, 2012

It's Voting Day!


It's voting day, folks!  Time for us all to do our civic duty for our country.  While I do think voting is a duty we all share as citizens, I also do not think people should exercise this duty unless they are exercising a truly informed choice.  Seeing some ads on TV is not being informed.  While I am sure this post may not win me points with some readers, I just want my children to one day know what I believed in and what I stood for.  After all, the old saying is "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

My fortune cookie last week also offered some pretty direct advice on the subject:


So in choosing who I would vote for in this election on all levels, I tried to choose those who best reflected my convictions.  I know we all have personal convictions, but I try to make sure my convictions reflect the choices that God himself would have me choose.  After all, God is a whole lot smarter than man.  His directions are pretty clear to me, and I loved this summary that a friend of mine shared with me:

I will vote for the most pro-life candidate because God hates the shedding of innocent blood.  (Proverbs 6:17)

I will vote for the most pro-Israel candidate because God blesses those who bless Israel and curses those who don't.  (Genesis 12:3)

I will vote for the most pro-debt reduction candidate because the borrower is servant to the lender.  (Proverbs 22:7)

I will vote for the most pro-work candidate because God says that a [man] who is unwilling to work should not eat.  (2 Thessalonians 3:10)

I will vote for the most pro-marriage candidate because God is for marriage as defined in Genesis 2:24.

I will vote for the candidate who most closely believes government's purpose is to reward the good and punish the evil.  (Romans 13)

I will vote based as closely as I can on God's Word (2 Timothy 3:16) knowing that God is the one who puts all men in authority.  (Daniel 2:21)

And lastly, I will pray for this country and whomever is elected as our leaders, and I hope you will do the same!  We need God's help to straighten out some pretty big messes!

And we just love teaching our children how to exercise their right and freedom to vote:


Happy Voting Day, Americans!  

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Very well said!! Happy voting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I am right on board with you. God lays out exactly how we are to do life in His word. :)
    Happy voting my blogger friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marci! So glad I finally got to read your blog! :-)

      Delete
  3. Sounds good to me. Love the bible versus in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a Canadian I am not going to comment on the American election but I love that you are standing up for what you believe in and that you have recorded it for your sons so that they will have the strength to be real about their convictions too.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails