Sunday, November 4, 2012

Brody's 1st Halloween Party

Since Brody had school on Wednesday, his class received some special treats and could wear their costumes as long as they weren't too cumbersome making diaper changing a bigger challenge.  Mommy took Brody to school wearing his adorable pirate costume that was also his brother's costume at the same age.  I had already arranged to come back to help give his class their Halloween treats and take pictures.  When I arrived at 11:30, the class was still outside enjoying a nice Fall day on the playground.  Brody was pushing a little truck around so I snuck up to take a picture before he could see me.  I knew that once he saw me, it might start a little tantrum.  His teacher put him into the swing, and I snuck up behind and started pushing him and talking to him.  He didn't turn around immediately but had a big smile on his face.  He is used to only hearing my voice when he listens to me on the phone so I guess he still wasn't aware I was there.  He finally turned around and saw me.  When it was time for the class to line up and go back inside for lunch, the trouble began.  He was not happy that Mommy wasn't going to pick him up and carry him, and I guess he thought Mommy might leave without him again.  Once inside, he wouldn't let Mommy sit beside him at the table so she had to sneak out of the room.  I guess he is still at that stage where once I am out of his sight, he forgets to be worried.  He calmed down so I snuck my head in to watch him eat and had to stay hidden so that he would eat his lunch.  I snuck back into the room, and he was finally okay with me being there while he ate his Halloween treats and listened to his teacher read a "spooky" story.  I was also there to photograph the other kids from his class too so I'm glad he finally let me in.

Photobucket
The pirate arrives at school. 

Photobucket
Brody and his favorite teacher, Ms. Debbie. 

Photobucket
A little Strawberry Shortcake. 

Photobucket
A doctor

Photobucket
And a puppy

Photobucket
Brody playing with a truck...big surprise!

Photobucket
Brody is ready to dig into his lunch as long as Mommy is not around. 

Photobucket
Brody's little girlfriend. 

Photobucket
Story time. 

Photobucket
He spied Mommy peeking in. 

Photobucket
Oooo, "The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything." 

Photobucket
Listening to the story. 

Photobucket
Their wall of pumpkins. 

Photobucket
Enjoying his treats.  The doughnut holes were a big hit. 

Photobucket
Look at that full mouth. 

Photobucket
Free "reading" time after snack.  They loved getting into the book basket. 

Photobucket
His not happy face. 

Photobucket
Getting his scary monster sticker. 

Photobucket
He loves getting stickers. 

Photobucket
But apparently not standing in line. 

Photobucket
Throwing his hat down in a temper tantrum. 
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha!!! Love the mouth full of doughnut holes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a pirate having a temper tantrum. Captain Hook could learn a thing or 2 from Brody. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You called Brody Evan in one of your pictures...hee hee :) I loved reading about his Halloween party...he is just TOO CUTE! I would love to be a fly on the wall watching that class of little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe, look at all those cute little stinkers! :). So awesome you got to be there for his first Halloween school party! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails