Thursday, November 8, 2012

Break My Heart For What Breaks Yours



One of the most powerful songs I have ever heard is the song "Hosanna" by Hillsong United.



Bear with me a second as I think out loud on here.  I have prayed that the Lord will break my heart for what breaks His, and I feel heartbroken over many things that I see daily around me.  When I see and hear of babies being killed because their "mother" doesn't want them, my heart breaks.  When I see and hear people stating that God doesn't exist (an increasing number of people today are claiming to be atheist), my heart breaks.  When I hear so-called Christians speaking hurtfully to and of their brothers and sisters in faith, my heart breaks.  When I see and hear my country getting further and further from God, my heart breaks.  I believe that these same things also break Jesus's heart.  I am heartbroken when I hear or see others hurting and see them lose faith at a time when they need Jesus the most.  I believe Jesus is right there for them, but I believe they have closed their hearts and minds to Him.  I believe that Jesus needs an open door for Him to enter and bring His peace and love and comfort to us.  I believe it is easier to believe because I believe that we all are seeking to get back to where we were meant (and created) to be...close to God, our Father!  We separated from Him, but He didn't give up on us.  He made a way for us to get back to Him and be re-"adopted" back into His family.  He wants us to call him Father, Abba (the Aramaic word used to describe God that is most closely translated to mean "Daddy" or "Dada" as my young children say).  He wants us to call him Abba or Daddy because He loves us,  but our sin separates us from Him.  By choosing to turn our backs on Him, we choose to not let Him "adopt" us as His children.  I believe this breaks His heart!  I believe it breaks His heart to see His creation suffering, but I also believe that many of our problems today are increasing because we have chosen to get further away from God.  We tell Him He has no place in our personal lives and decisions, in our social relationships, in our children's educations, and even in our hearts!  We don't want Him telling us how to live our lives because we "selfishly" know best.  But do we?  We destroy one another, lie, cheat, steal, hurt one another, and are selfish, prideful, stubborn, and just plain hateful people!  History has shown us time and again that nations who turn from God and do evil and heinous acts are punished and most do not stand.  I believe that our nation is at a critical point.  Is it really that bad, you say?  And I ask you, "Isn't it?"  How bad does it have to get?  Turn on the news at night and just watch.  We turn from God in every area of our lives.  We rationalize away our actions in so many ways that it makes my head spin just thinking about it.  I have had so many discussions with so-called atheists and unbelievers lately, and I believe they have to work really, really hard to rationalize God out of existence.  They think their way of thinking is more "intellectual."  Well, I ask them, "Who gave you those wonderful instruments by which you rationalize so well?"  I mean, truly, if there was no God and everything was created randomly, I don't see how we could think so differently from other animals and have this wonderful ability to create rational thoughts.  To say I am disappointed by our nation today is an understatement.  I am truly heartbroken!  I guess the Lord granted my prayers and breaks my heart for what breaks His!  Am I saying that I would give up on my country or that I don't want to live here anymore?  Absolutely not!  I am saying that I will continue to let my heart be broken and I will continue to fervently pray for the healing of this country that we will be brought back to the principles upon which this nation and its government were founded.  I will pray for our leaders (from President down to city council) that our "eyes will be opened to the things unseen!"

May God truly continue to bless America!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely. When I woke yesterday morning and saw who won, I was heartbroken. I checked my heart. It wasn't my pride that was hurt because my candidate didn't win. It was that my heart was broken for God. Our country has put man's ways above God's commandments. I sat in prayer for a long time and my mind was taken to the book of Revelation. Jesus is the victor and we are with Him. I choose now, even more than ever, to be the brightest light I can be.

    This post was fantastic. May all of God's children stick together and make His name great.

    Much love to you. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this honest post! I hear people all the time asking why the world is getting so bad and I always say that it is because we have pushed God out! People are killing people everywhere, kids killing kids, it's so sad! But what should we expect in a nation where we try to push God out of everything that we do?! Ahhhh, heartbreaking. I truly believe that He is coming back for us soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I saw you over in the comments section on Here's the Scoop. : )
    Then, when I read this post about..."when I see babies being killed because their "mother" doesn't want them, my heart breaks"...
    That is so true! The one thing I am passionate about is being very pro-life.
    I'm looking forward to following your blog now. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kel! Yep, I'm a big fan of Natasha...she's just so positive and uplifting! :-)

      Delete
  4. I saw a quote from Billy Graham this week that really stuck with me..."Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone—except God." I think this speaks volumes as to how we got in the situation we are in now.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails