Friday, May 9, 2014

Return to Zero - A Movie to Break the Silence






Thank you so much, Minnie Driver and Paul Adelstein and all of the cast and crew who produced this amazing movie and story!  I can't wait to watch it on Lifetime on May 17th at 8:00 p.m.  This is a movie that was created to Break the Silence about stillbirth.  Thank you all for helping to break the silence.  People treat this situation as a rare event that doesn't need to be talked about, but it is so much more common that most realize.  It is the silence that makes it seem less common.  I don't want to be silent.  I want to remember my beautiful baby girl born sleeping at 40 weeks 6 days on June 30, 2013 who passed from a cord compression accident during labor.  She lives on in our hearts and memories.  Minnie's response to the doctor's dreadful words about there being no heartbeat in the trailer brought back so many tough memories.  I lived that!  That was me!  I reacted the same way..."she's probably just curled into a ball and making it hard to find her heartbeat."  Then, the ultrasound that confirmed it.  Then, having to proceed with delivering her into this world as I was already 10 cm dilated.  It was a nightmare, but it was a memory I will cherish forever because it is my daughter's life story.  I miss you everyday, Mattie Claire!  Also, thank you for sharing the difficulties that face a couple in the wake of such tragedy.  It has been a hard first year after our daughter's loss, but we have learned to love each other in a way that we never knew possible!  

#STILLbreakthesilence





So please watch this movie to get a better understanding of what so many people have been through.  I know it will be hard for most people to experience for the first time, but I believe it is such an important step in helping those who suffer to not feel so alone.

 photo nametab_zps32a557cc.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sherry... I so wish this wasn't your and Mattie Claire's story but I will remember her with you. I pray you have good support as you watch this movie, and actually, just all the time. I love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much of a movie person, but I do want to see this one. I've loved Minnie Driver ever since I saw her in Good Will Hunting.

    Thinking about you on this Mother's Day...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if we have Lifetime, but if we do I will be watching this movie. I think of you and your sweet Mattie often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not watch it, but hopefully there will be a replay that I can catch. I think it is such an important topic that nobody talks about. Good for Hollywood for tackling it. I hope it was done with dignity and grace, but it sounds like from the previews it was.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails