Friday, May 23, 2014

Fun Activity for Preschoolers - Water painting!

So after a rough morning of potty training, Brody and Mommy needed to get outside and have a little fun.  Thanks to a pinterest post, Mommy had a great idea for some cool and not too messy fun...WATER PAINTING!  Instead of paint, you just need a cup of water, some concrete, and paint brushes.  Mommy is no artist, but she did have to draw a couple of pictures at Brody's request.

 photo waterpaint5_zpsec9d1f2a.jpg


 photo waterpaint4_zpsf4672f88.jpg
My little artist.  He loves to paint and comes home daily from school with paint all over him!


 photo waterpaint3_zps64e404cb.jpg
Brody wanted me to draw him a dog.  Um, I'm not sure I succeeded.  I am no artist!

 photo waterpaint1_zpsd0cd1ea0.jpg
And yes, he also requested a stop sign and then informed me it is an octagon.  That is his favorite shape.  We are still working on getting our colors down, but he knows his shapes!

 photo waterpaint2_zps12b191e0.jpg
I drew a picture of a stegosaurus for big brother who was absent. 

Then, Mommy had the brilliant idea to work on our letter writing and recognition.  She drew each letter, and Brody traced the letters with his brush.  I was amazed that he did so well!

 photo Letters1_zps6012c47d.jpg


 photo Letters2_zpsacbbdeb9.jpg


 photo Letters3_zpsbf3ee446.jpg


 photo nametab_zps32a557cc.jpg

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! We'll be doing this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great idea! And I love your dog and stegosaurus. You are definitely an artist :) Also, I love the copying of the letters. That is really smart to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good idea! We are doing it this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun idea. We could do that in the winter here, but not in the summer. Well, unless we wanted to end up being treated for 3rd degree burns. In the summer the only thing we can do with concrete is a fun science experiment known as, "how long does it take to fry an egg on the sidewalk?"

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails