Sunday, January 6, 2013

Videos: Christmas Morning 2012

This is my annual posting of our Christmas morning videos.  I just love capturing my kids' excitement as they come down to see what Santa has left for them for Christmas.  I love looking back at these videos and remembering these precious times and seeing how much the children have changed.  Last year, we carried Brody downstairs.  This year, he made his own way down.  Next year, I am sure he will be more vocal in his excitement.  Every year since Evan was 2, he has verbally proclaimed everything that he spotted as he made his way downstairs.  You can check out some of those other posts from 2009, 2010, and 2011.  Nothing captures a moment quite like video.

Video:  This first video is the actual coming down the stairs and the first spotting of the presents.  Evan was his usual verbal self and was quite funny looking for his new DS game.  It was right in front of him the whole time as Santa had taken it out of the box and plugged it in so that it would be ready for him.  Ha!  Brody made his way straight for his new tricycle and climbed right on.  We are sure it won't take too long for him to figure out how to ride it all by himself...once his feet can more fully reach the pedals, of course.  I do hate that this video is often not in focus as we find the new camera's video function is a little more difficult to keep in focus while taking video.



Video:  This video is a longer continuation of the first and shows Brody playing with more of his new toys, mostly his new Lego blocks and Alphie robot.  



Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Okay it is totally making me laugh to hear your accent! And I know my (lack of!) accent would make you smile too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* I hate the way I sound on video and think it sounds much worse than in person...like the video amplifies the accent. Ha! I just can't seem to shut up when recording though. I must narrate everything. :-). Have you tried taking videos with your camera yet? Just curious if you noticed the same focusing issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've only taken a few videos just to see if it can. I'll let you know once we venture further into video mode. We're still experimenting with the different settings for pictures!

      Delete
  3. Oh come on, that's so how you ride a bike! :). Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yeah, he pushes it around about as much as he "rides" it. He loves to push anything around. It is part of his desire to redecorate the house, I think. :-)

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails