Saturday, December 1, 2012

Our Thanksgiving

Again, I was kind of slack with the Thanksgiving photography this year.  Eddie's family has just gotten so big, and I usually spend the majority of my time chasing the boys around and keeping them out of trouble.  We had lunch on Thanksgiving Day at Eddie's Uncle Matthew and Aunt Patty's with his mom, grandpa, and many of his Uncles, Aunts, and cousins.  The family is still growing with the addition of a couple more babies this year bringing the current total to 13 great-grandkids with Evan being the oldest.  We enjoyed the traditional fare of turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, cranberry salad, deviled eggs, etc. with several yummy desserts as well.  Brody enjoyed a hefty sampling of nearly every dish but seemed to like the turkey best.  He is a big fan of meat.  After lunch, we had to go and meet little Grady who was still in the hospital.

After a long weekend preparing our home for the Christmas season, we enjoyed another Thanksgiving celebration with my family.  My parents came up Saturday night, and we enjoyed brunch on Sunday after church.  Eddie and Aunt Jessica usually cook us a wonderful Thanksgiving feast, but we decided to give them a break this year.  It was definitely a more laid back day although Eddie had to leave after lunch to attend to fire business.  He's been on call a lot lately for wildfires due to our very dry conditions.  We spent the afternoon letting the kids play together at Uncle Paul and Aunt Jessica's.

Photobucket
Emma was pretty excited to eat her grown up meal and drink from her grown up glass. 


Photobucket
The boys were quite happy to play games on the kindle. 

Photobucket
And Cate and Brody were just happy to be together. 

Photobucket
Sweet baby posing on the golf course.  We ate at the Country Club in Uncle Paul and Aunt Jessica's neighborhood.

Photobucket
We let the kids run wild on the golf course. 

Photobucket
My big sweetheart. 

Photobucket
Brody and Cate enjoyed playing in the tupperware cabinet. 

Photobucket
Cheesing for Mom. 

Photobucket
Papa just sitting back enjoying the crazy show. 

Photobucket
And Nana getting some rest after lunch. 

Photobucket
Of course, work-a-holic Uncle Paul has work to do. 

Photobucket
The big kids enjoyed playing upstairs with the Wii.
So our Thanksgiving wasn't fancy or extraordinary, but it was all about family as it should be.  Now, it is time to get into the Christmas spirit!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. awe, the kiddos look so cute all dressed up and Thanksgiving should be laid back and fun! We've been dry around here too, come on snow and I don't even like snow... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I would welcome some snow just to make it feel more like Christmas. Right now, we are in a "heat wave" so it is hard to feel the Christmas spirit. Ha!

      Delete
  2. It took me awhile to get this post to load WITH pictures but it was well worth the wait. It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! And I think the best holidays are laid back ones spent with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I don't know why you have trouble sometimes getting pictures to load. The only thing I can come up with is that my blog and posts are very photo heavy so if you aren't getting a good connection or computer is running slower (using other programs at the same time, etc.), it make have trouble loading everything. I upload all of my photos through photobucket because if I put them all on blogger, I would have filled up my account a hundred times already. Photobucket is free for unlimited storage and makes a great online backup option. I am cheap and hate paying for storage space! :-) Yes, the most important part of the holidays are just being with family. I am so far behind in my Christmas posting. We have had our tree and house decorated since the weekend after Thanksgiving and have done several other festive traditions that I need to share. My energy at night lately is in the negative. *Sigh*

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails